Glasses Pink CNG Mobile grooming vans and trucks

I noticed some ads with CNG in them. Finally I understand these are clean energy gas vehicles. The benefit is that they are allowed to use carpool lanes. Very cool and important depending upon where you live. I think this was in CA. Anyone have one of these or comments?

CNG is compressed natural gas. Sounds like they are converting city public transit small buses to grooming trucks. I would not want to find natural gas filling stations. Not worth it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I saw that one CNG listing their van. That interior is awesome looking. How practical I don't know but stainless steel, granite and pergo wood? Looks so different than normal vans.

I think I found the van you are talking about. It is like the design of some luxury kitchens. No white. But is that a pergo floor? Or some other laminate? Cannot tell. Laminate boards would allow for leakage for water? But I love the look and feel otherwise, so different.

I guess CA has enough stations. I wouldn't even know where to look around here.

I think it is a really cool idea. One thing I don't know mile for mile, is the natural gas cheaper than gasoline?

Quote Originally Posted by TootsiePie View Post
    I guess CA has enough stations. I wouldn't even know where to look around here.
    Iím mobile in Southern California and Iíve only seen a couple over the years. I couldnít even tell where I saw them.

I just googled and there is one about 5 miles from me and two others 17 miles from me.

Now if it was electric, I stop and charge all over the place.

Scott

I see these converted shuttle buses on the used mobile lists and in my opinion, I would only buy a gas or diesel truck, and lean more to diesel. Public companies with fleets of CNG vehicles have staff mechanics. I would not want to locate a mechanic for a CNG bus or who knows what the cost would be to work on it. Stay away.

I checked around here. There is one place about 30 miles away that sells it.