Smile Groomers that always attempt to plug-in first

I met with 3 other mobile groomers during the holiday, and shop groomers too. I noticed on their websites they don't mention their generators and suggested plug-in only. So I asked them and they said only after the pet owner says I don't want you to plug-in can you still groom my pet? Then they say OK we will arrange to use our generator. My take is that they are trying to save fuel money, but they don't really say that and say noise is why. Legal or not during business hours, they don't want to create noise. Hmm????

Its usually a combo of reasons. I plug in during cooler weather months because I know I won't need to draw too much power vs summer where you need ac on plus dryer.

Plugging in saves generator hours and maintenance also gas savings. No noise either and also is helping not pollute the atmosphere.

Other groomers do it cause they dont have a correct mobile set up and that's their only means of grooming at a clients home. There's a 7 van fleet here in my city and all 7 vans are strictly plug in, no generators.

I talked to groomers who worked there and they claim they are always tripping client breakers and in summer they have to shut the ac off to turn the dryer on. Mind you it's over 110 most days from june through September. It's not safe for pets and people. They have an unfair advantage over me running generators all day and getting the same prices or higher.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    Its usually a combo of reasons. I plug in during cooler weather months because I know I won't need to draw too much power vs summer where you need ac on plus dryer.

Plugging in saves generator hours and maintenance also gas savings. No noise either and also is helping not pollute the atmosphere.

Other groomers do it cause they dont have a correct mobile set up and that's their only means of grooming at a clients home. There's a 7 van fleet here in my city and all 7 vans are strictly plug in, no generators.

I talked to groomers who worked there and they claim they are always tripping client breakers and in summer they have to shut the ac off to turn the dryer on. Mind you it's over 110 most days from june through September. It's not safe for pets and people. They have an unfair advantage over me running generators all day and getting the same prices or higher.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Gosh I don't even see how that's possible down there. Just awful. I know from experience that it's very hard to run my AC at homes where people have a fridge or freezer running in their garage. And I'm ONLY running the AC plugged in, not anything else. Still at some houses, I can't even run it on super low. I can't imagine it in Vegas. It stresses me out to trip breakers. I can't imagine doing it all the time.

As far as plugging in? I don't know, lots of people do it. When I first started most people expected me to. Also expected me to use their water.

I know mobile groomers that do this a lot but you are right it might pop switches. If they offer to plugin and they are used to it, fine.