Default What Kind of Accent Do I Have?

Iíve been taking accent reduction classes. So I can communicate with clients clearly. Do I have mixed accent?
    https://youtu.be/eftAjMUbfEI

https://youtu.be/4a4zoyAv3wM

Those are my videos.

Your English is perfectly understandable, but obviously, not your first language-maybe Japanese/Chinese??? No worries about clients not being able to understand you, and an asset that you are bilingual!
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
    Your English is perfectly understandable, but obviously, not your first language-maybe Japanese/Chinese??? No worries about clients not being able to understand you, and an asset that you are bilingual!
    Yes but I been taking British accent so people will understand me clearer. I’m in London right now. Do I sound more Asian than British in your opinion?

A hint of British accent, for sure, but what difference does that make. They will understand you. The longer you're in London, the better your accent will get. We are great mimickers when it comes to language. I lived in Canada for 17 yrs, and still I can hear a bit of Canadian accent-even more when I'm speaking with my Canadian friend.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Hi Soo... first I'm sorry about your dog not being able to walk, he's gorgeous.

Yes.. definitely a mixed accent. But it's really pleasant. You have a very pleasant, kind voice. A bit British, a bit Asian if I had to guess. I think it's great you are taking classes. My stepmother, God rest her soul, came from the deep south as she called it, in America. And she took accent reduction classes as well, many years ago to lose her Southern accent. Why I have no idea, but whatever... she really practiced hard and you could hardly tell. Every now and then she'd say something and we could hear it a bit.

I think you English is really good.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by daesue View Post
    Hi Soo... first I'm sorry about your dog not being able to walk, he's gorgeous.

Yes.. definitely a mixed accent. But it's really pleasant. You have a very pleasant, kind voice. A bit British, a bit Asian if I had to guess. I think it's great you are taking classes. My stepmother, God rest her soul, came from the deep south as she called it, in America. And she took accent reduction classes as well, many years ago to lose her Southern accent. Why I have no idea, but whatever... she really practiced hard and you could hardly tell. Every now and then she'd say something and we could hear it a bit.

I think you English is really good.
    Thank you! And thatís great Iíve been practicing hard as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with everyone. I think if I were having a conversation with you I might wonder where you are from.