Goofy What does "luxury" mean for shampoos

Ive been studying lots of shampoos and noticed something for the ones that say LUXURY. They really don't say anything to me that means luxurious. They sound very conscientious about avoid harsh chemicals, and no ingredients like phthalates, silicones, parabens, and some are more environmentally friendly and more natural ingredients. That being said is that luxurious? What is luxurious about that? It is eco friendly, quality, but why use the word LUXURY? I don't get it.

There are some very quality shampoos that don't use that word, but then there are these brands it is all luxury, but I don't see any difference from those other high quality shampoos. So it is a marketing ploy to me?

Marketing ploy
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Could be more foam (bubbles), but probably just a marketing ploy.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

I think it is mostly a ploy as you say there are very high quality shampoos and conditioners and don't allude to luxury.

Yep it is all about building a mental image. Not to knock the products, but adding luxury is trying to appeal to those groomers that do work upscale. To me, they should realize a lot more dogs need a high quality safe ecofriendly product for millions of "average" but very loved dogs. Leave that luxury sell to hairstylists that easily charge hundreds.

I think this was a great question Bjorn, you are an analyst by background??? LOL

Exactly it is often used as a ploy. Luxury is about quality products, but it is also the service groomers provide and the environment. In fact the service and environment is far more appropriate to use the word luxury than a shampoo IMHO.