Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Naturally how is it going. I have a hard time making a truly straight line. I think it is my biggest weakness.

Can you use a piece of chalk and draw the line on the dog??????????????????? I can follow that, I am actually a good carpenter hobby and I make straight clean cuts following a pencil or chalk line.

Why not do the same on a dog????

Quote Originally Posted by Wigginz View Post
    Naturally how is it going. I have a hard time making a truly straight line. I think it is my biggest weakness.

Can you use a piece of chalk and draw the line on the dog??????????????????? I can follow that, I am actually a good carpenter hobby and I make straight clean cuts following a pencil or chalk line.

Why not do the same on a dog????
    Because the lines should not be straight. They follow the body contours.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Can you explain a little further?
    Are you referring to a certain area on each dog or certain breed of dog or trim style?
    Typically our pet trims follow the contour lines of the dog in order to accentuate good features and hide the bad ones. But there is basic geometrics involved for sure, including the principles of angles like you’re referring to with carpentry. If you could explain a little farther maybe we could all help you more.
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Quote Originally Posted by windywaycavaliers View Post
    Can you explain a little further?
    Are you referring to a certain area on each dog or certain breed of dog or trim style?
    Typically our pet trims follow the contour lines of the dog in order to accentuate good features and hide the bad ones. But there is basic geometrics involved for sure, including the principles of angles like you’re referring to with carpentry. If you could explain a little farther maybe we could all help you more.
    I wish I could explain further. All I can say is what my mentor said, your pattern lines need tweaking. How they need tweaking they never elaborated on, so IDK where or what I need to improve about them. :s
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2