Thread: Life happens

Naahh Life happens

I never fail, every time I plan on going to a Groom Show some major financial thing pops up and the money I have been saving to go now needs to go to other things. WTF!

So this time my landlord sold our place. It will still take time for the closing and everything to go through but we will probably get an eviction notice in the next couple of months from the new owners. We decided maybe we should try to buy a house but we have NOTHING in savings for such things as we were not planning on moving anytime soon. Trying to find a rental that isn't a s*@t hole and not $1200+ dollars or more is ridiculous as well. So now the money I saved for the show needs to be used for a down payment on either a house or apartment. Being that I already bought my ticket I am going to groom expo to come hell or high water. But now any spending money I thought I might have had is out of the question. I was reconsidering the hotel I made reservations for a nicer place, but now $100 a night is about all I can afford.

I know we'll get through this and everything will ultimately be alright, but it seems everytime I plan on going somewhere life happens. I wanted to go to Intergroom last year but of course, things came up and I couldn't. Save for a comet striking me down I am going to Groom Expo this year!!!!
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Hang in there......everything happens for a reason
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Bummer. That is the risk of leasing and renting I know. Some states offer more protection, but not so much. I see that this is a doorway, I know a rough one. Time to consider and reconsider. But a good warning you are sharing with anyone thinking about leasing or renting. But you know Naturally I see your posts and grooms you share, but what else is your situation. Do you have your clientele you could serve, and then consider housecall and maybe start with even something like a fixer upper trailer?? Is there are table for rent? Maybe even if they are not advertising that, they would assist you. Not sure of your details.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeedoodlepoodle View Post
    Bummer. That is the risk of leasing and renting I know. Some states offer more protection, but not so much. I see that this is a doorway, I know a rough one. Time to consider and reconsider. But a good warning you are sharing with anyone thinking about leasing or renting. But you know Naturally I see your posts and grooms you share, but what else is your situation. Do you have your clientele you could serve, and then consider housecall and maybe start with even something like a fixer upper trailer?? Is there are table for rent? Maybe even if they are not advertising that, they would assist you. Not sure of your details.
    I have been working for a Boarding/ daycare facility for 3.5 years and love it there! I've worked at both Petsomethings and 3 privately owned salons and this one is by far the best one I have worked for.

I honustly have no deaire to own my own shop at this point in my life. I like being a W2 and not javinging to worry about all the munisha with running a business. Back in 2010 I did start my own house call grooming, Naturally Furry. It was going well but later that year I became pregnant. I wanted to be a stay at home Mom so I disolved the business and stayed home with my now 6 year old son.

He started first grade this year so I groom 4-5 dogs while he's in school and I work Saturdays, but for the most part I work part time (20-30hrs).
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

That happens, I wish you could visit the show