Red face What are the top 5 MUST HAVES in a mobile rig???

Hi ! After 26 years of professional shop grooming, I am making the move to mobile. Coming to you all to see what advice you have for me when looking for a rig. Top 5 must haves would be appreciated along with the reason why!!! More infomation or MUST NOTS also appreciated with a reason why!

Thanks!!!

1). Overhead exhaust fans, preferably 2...one over the tub and the other in front of your grooming area
    2). Bathing system....Supersuder comes with the WGTs
    3). HV dryers.....K9II and Kool Air.........two because you always need a backup....just in case
    4). Clipper Vac......suck up all of the loose hair as you clip
    5). Electric table that has a pull out tray that extends to the tub...large dogs can walk into tub vs lifting him in
    6). Generator/inverter system.....groom 95% of the time on battery, 5% on generator power (gen use for AC and dyer only)
    7). AC and furnace system....these are basics
    8). GPS system........some neighborhoods are so intertwined that you can't find yourself out without navigational help
    9). A place to park your van after hours.....some communities do not allow commercial vehicles to park in neighborhood
    10). A place to fill your water tank.....most apartments do not allow renters access to outside water faucet
    11). A place to plug in your van overnight, especially in winter to prevent freezing water and shampoos

I would do a "ride along" with a mobile groomer to see how the day progresses and which items are pertinent to her day's schedule. Get to know the local mobile groomers, usually they are booked out and not taking any new clients, so you might get some referrals from them.

Happy going mobile and Good Luck

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

1. Bathing System. I like the Hanvey Bathing Beauty and you don't have to use a lot of water.

2. Clipper Vac or Hanvey's vac. (pros and cons for each) Keeps hair at a minimum in a small space and it also can double as a shop vac.

3. Don't have too many windows in your van in a warm climate. And a good front windshield sunscreen.

Everything else is personal preference and varies on what kind of grooms you do.

I would add the right wireless carrier. If you serve areas that don't have good reception from your carrier, what a pain.

Can you be more specific like what the van is equipped with or stuff like tablets and GPS or credit swipes.

Dolly outlines the van conversion must have equipment. Some of it is luxury stuff like electric rotating table and propane furnace and inverter that is optional stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good points Tom but just have to say I love the way all of you are so helpful. You know if I were mobile I would have so much confidence with you guys around.

Thank you Dolly! I am looking into all your suggestions! Christine

Thank you! I am looking into all your suggestions! Christine

I agree with all of those but I love have a little mini fridge. I make my own healthy lunch which needs chilling. Sure I could do an ice box, but what a pain every day.

Oh I love a toilet, a woman thing.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    Can you be more specific like what the van is equipped with or stuff like tablets and GPS or credit swipes.

Dolly outlines the van conversion must have equipment. Some of it is luxury stuff like electric rotating table and propane furnace and inverter that is optional stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I agree but I find an electric table is a body saver. My hip never hurts except when I use a hydraulic table and have to pump it up.