Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waah Second time fresh water pump goes out

Does anyone actually keep a backup in their truck and replace during the workday? This is my second time in 3 years and I have to cancel at least a couple grooms.

WOW........my fresh water pump is the original one when I purchased my van in 2011......and still pumping out water. Now, my Supersuder pump goes out about every 3-4 years......and yes........I have several pumps in my garage, but not in the van. It wouldn't take over 30 min to drive home, then replace, and then 30 min to drive back to my client's house.......so we are talking about approximately 2 hrs for a turn around....I wouldn't cancel my day's appointments, just work later in the day.

Happy working overtime

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

That is often. I read a lot of reviews before I buy mind. Seems others have had problems like that. Some models just are not as good as others.

I used simple transfer pumps with my old van and they seemed to go out every six months or so. This time I got a RV pump (still A/C though) and so far so good.

Good to know. I am going to learn how to change one, thanks.

It's easy peasy to change. I just changed my out last month, so now I will need to replace my spare.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Truly they are one of the easier things to change equipment wise. Keep a spare, you're covered.

I haven't yet but I've meant to. I think keeping backups around is great. I can change out my pump in less about 20 minutes and be back on the road. When you consider how cheap they are and how much time you lose if you don't have a backup, it's a no brainer. I would wisdom why you're going through pumps so quickly, though. Replaced mine at about 3.5 years but that's only because I allowed it to freeze. Even then it lasted for a while after.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Right! Changed on the other day in less than half an hour.

Yes it is an easy change out take pic before you start if that helps with the wiring

Also question for those who might know I ordered a pump from Amazon or ppl when it got here i took the caps off water came out is this usual or was I sold a used unit?
    Thanks

That's normal. They wet test the pumps.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good to know thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast