Default Clients asking for a dog sitter.

By asking they're usually sort of hoping I'll do it. There's no way I'm sleeping over and no way I'd be able to get myself and my own dogs together way early to make it to their house before my first appointment to let their dog(s) out/ walk and fed. So it's not something I offer as a housecaller. I would love to find someone to recommend, but how do I know they're not giving referrals to their friend who also grooms? Plus I'd be looking for someone who legit pays their taxes and has insurance just like I do. I wouldn't recommend less for my clients. Any ideas?

I'm not sure where you live, but there should be some sort of local pet sitters association. My friend did pet sitting, and she was the legit deal.. CPR certified, reliable, extensive notes, taxes, insurance.

I did house/pet sitting in college. I loved it, unless the house was dirty lol.

Have HER not you lol, call some veterinary offices, dog trainers.. maybe Care.com??

Yeah, she doesn't want to get a weirdo either.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Yes there are associations. Also there are some new companies coming up quickly that operate sort of like care.com for caregivers, and it is for pet sitters. I just saw Rover.com.

If someone asks me for a referral, I assume they want someone I know personally.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

I'll have to see if there's a pet sitters assn around here. Thanks for the input.

Sometimes just googling "pet sitter ___________" and put the city in the blank works. Then of course you have to check them out. Usually they will mention if they are a member of a sitting association which can be a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma123 View Post
    If someone asks me for a referral, I assume they want someone I know personally.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
    I agree Emma.