Wall Eyed Cat I don't like posting this but

I think we should all know about it. It may explain some things, in the EXTREME. But this is sick, but it could affect us. Blaming a groomer for injuries, or perhaps not but being asked to groom a pet we see has been injured.

Just be informed, don't get too down about it. Admin said it was for me to post it, regrettably. But sometimes I have thought groomers have been victimized by owners and just maybe this explains some of those.

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Stu...490631531.html

I can sort of relate to this. I almost posted this the other day, but went naww.

Okay 2 stories. I was looking for a new vet so I took my female lab who was having some issues with her back end (turned out to be DM) and my cat who was breathing weird (turns out she has asthma) but neither were diagnosed by this vet that I was "testing." My lab was x-rayed, she has terrible hip dyplasia ? and at one point a torn ACL that healed. He gave me a script for.....dum da dum dum... 100, yes that's ONE HUNDRED tylenol with codeine. Uh... I asked isn't there something better like Deramaxx??? No, this is the best. Tylenol for dogs? (I'm not sure it's the best). I took them home, tossed them, then thought.. "wow if I needed drugs all I need to do was take my dog in."

Then, the other day my phone rang. I sort of recognized the name, sort of didn't. And answered it. "Hi are you still grooming dogs?" I said.."Who is this is please?" She said her name and said I used to do her Husky and gave the name. Oh yeaaaahhhh. Now I remember. Not a Husky, a big Malamute that weighed 100 lbs. I said.. I was no longer doing big dogs, sorry. Translate, I will never do your dogs again.

First time, the husband "misunderstood" me on price and shorted me $20 and I was stupid and let it go. Now, this was a bath and blow out with a good brushing, then a good combing. I know how to comb. Dog hadn't been done in 3 months. Anyway, she calls me when she got home and said I cut her dog, sent me a picture of a cut on her dog's back. I was like.. "I have no idea how that happened but I'll comp the groom." That would be great she said. It's not serious she said. I really went over in my mind, how did I do that? And I kinda figured it probably happened at dog park and not by me. Nothing I used would have done that. So 3 months later, she calls me again.. I do the dog. Now this time, I'm beyond careful. I check every inch of that dog. I charged a higher price, I did not put the dog in a kennel.. nothing. I again used a comb, a brush, line brushed. AND that dog sat in my salon for 30 min while we waited for her to show up. I checked the dog again.. NOTHING. No blood, no nothin'. She picks the dog up, takes the dog to her car, then comes back in and said.. "You cut my dog again!" Sure enough, there was a cut about an inch long on the dog's back. I said I didn't think I had done that.. I can't remember but I did tell the story here. Anyway, I figured she cut the dog herself, maybe with her key or something and wanted a free groom. Next time she called.. nope can't do big dogs anymore. Well, 3 years later and she calls me the other day. I figure she's probably made the rounds and gotten herself refused service.

But it just made me wonder. People are sick. They really are. But then there are the kitten savers!!!! Go kitten savers!!!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Dasue, I remember that lady with the dog she kept saying you cut...don't remember the whole thread but I do remember you posting.
    I am off to read the link now
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

An unsavory topic but Brit I think you are right. Addicts will go to extremes for habits, very sad. Now we see something I never thought of, to harm our dogs for a fix. I am sorry to say I can believe it does happen. You are right too that it could explain at least some groomers who get trapped. Inspections are more important than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, read the link. This has been going on for years with pets and vets and druggies........had my salon in vet clinics for many years and saw this many times. It is SICK!!!! However, I blame the drug manufacturers and drs who prescribe these drugs to humans to start with. We used to have much safer pain meds (Darvon, Darvocet, ect). Yes, one could get addicted to them but not in the 3 days it takes one to get addicted to opiods. More money is made by drug companies to get one addicted to opiods than to keep safer pain meds on the market. I now can only take ibuprofen for ANY pain I have as I am allergic to their stupid opiods (vomit like crazy).
    I don't know why Brit didn't want to post this.....vets too are aware this has been going on for years....we groomers should have been aware of it also. So for those that weren't aware....they are now.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

At the clinic I’m atbtheynRe no longer prescribing Tramadol for pain in dogs. Too many of the clients were using the pills for themselves. Not guessing- two of the silly women actually confessed to it when they were coming in for weekly refills. Fortunately the vet refilling the scripts has left the practice ( moved back to Spanish Harlem in NY) , but we still have the addicted clients to deal with.
    Same thing goes for the sedatives for anxiety, injectible or small numbers of pills with monitoring blood tests.

All the restricted pain meds are now given either by injection or clients are only sent out with one or two pills at a time and blood work is required on the pet to monitor dosage.

I think Brit means it is sort of a bad news downer thread but we do need to know this. Imagine some of our customers could be harming their pets on purpose. So very sad.

I would never groom that customer again Daesue, that's a problem person. I bet you are right and she did the rounds.

I haven't been grooming that long but where I worked the owner would talk about people that come in, complain about everything quite loud to try an get a free groom. Now I see there is even more reasons. Never knew this.

I have had a few experiences with people that do this modus operandi and it stopped. Not sure why but I think we get wise and we have women's intuition. I never want to see these people again in my shop.