Default funny things clients do

I get these two things quite a bit which I find kind of funny about human nature.

Without me asking a customer will tell me how good there dog is for grooming. When I return the dog after grooming they ask "did he try to bite you?"

And I will sometimes ask if a dog like a cavalier has any ear issues before the groom and they will be like oh no no. Ears are fine. Then I see they don't look fine and after the groom when I tell them they say, "oh, I still have some unused ear medicine I can use. I just think that is so funny. I know I can do a preinspect but I just like to take the dog and get it into van.

btw I find that taking a picture of the ear or whatever and then I text them that the dog may have an ear infection or whatever really works in getting them to act on it. It must be pyschological when they can actually see a big close up of an infected ear on their phone rather than just talking about it.

The one that always makes me laugh is this conversation:

Phone rings...
    Me: ABC Grooming!
    Client: Id like to make an appointment for my dog
    Me: What kind of dog do you have?
    Client: Hes been there before!

LOL! Ive learned that if I just be quiet for a moment they will divulge that its a Shih Tzu or Cocker or whatever.

You two are funny. I have learned that the pet parents rarely tell you their dog bites. What I really want to ask is if another groomer has ever refused services for biting.

Quote Originally Posted by lillypeanut View Post
    I get these two things quite a bit which I find kind of funny about human nature.

Without me asking a customer will tell me how good there dog is for grooming. When I return the dog after grooming they ask "did he try to bite you?"

And I will sometimes ask if a dog like a cavalier has any ear issues before the groom and they will be like oh no no. Ears are fine. Then I see they don't look fine and after the groom when I tell them they say, "oh, I still have some unused ear medicine I can use. I just think that is so funny. I know I can do a preinspect but I just like to take the dog and get it into van.

btw I find that taking a picture of the ear or whatever and then I text them that the dog may have an ear infection or whatever really works in getting them to act on it. It must be pyschological when they can actually see a big close up of an infected ear on their phone rather than just talking about it.
    Great idea about the picture, it does speak a 1000 words.