Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have a diesel and the way the Hanvey is set up you run the van to power the A/C. It also charges the battery while running too.

I definitely wish I didn't have the vents because of the overhead sun coming through heating the van. I never thought about running fans being the same as using vents but my fans give me more air flow than the vents and I like that They are also on the dogs and help to dry. Someone posted a few years ago about putting a fan in her van and how great it was and that's where I got the idea. I do run them all the time but I will probably just run one when the weather cools down. I just started doing this when my A/C went down. I don't really have a problem with bugs. An occasional fly now and then. Rare though.

The Hanvey also has a kind of funky set up with hot water and I stopped using the system actually getting my idea from you. There was a thread you had talking about your system and others saying how difficult your system was running the hose through your house and bringing in dirt etc. Any way I don't use your actual system but I have a thermostat and heat the water while my van is plugged in. I have learned to know when to heat etc and adjust for different weather etc and I always have a perfect temp of water and it lasts me for several hours.

Op, could you use tinting on your overhead vents to keep so much sun from coming thru?
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

I have them covered with sunscreen material. I probably could tint but I don't think it would be as strong as covering them.

Not the same thing but we got some "tinted film" on a roller on our windows that get lots of sun and it helped. But more to the point here, my husband built some framing with wood and stretched the film on them and then covered our skylights, nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by lillypeanut View Post
    I have a diesel and the way the Hanvey is set up you run the van to power the A/C. It also charges the battery while running too.

I definitely wish I didn't have the vents because of the overhead sun coming through heating the van. I never thought about running fans being the same as using vents but my fans give me more air flow than the vents and I like that They are also on the dogs and help to dry. Someone posted a few years ago about putting a fan in her van and how great it was and that's where I got the idea. I do run them all the time but I will probably just run one when the weather cools down. I just started doing this when my A/C went down. I don't really have a problem with bugs. An occasional fly now and then. Rare though.

The Hanvey also has a kind of funky set up with hot water and I stopped using the system actually getting my idea from you. There was a thread you had talking about your system and others saying how difficult your system was running the hose through your house and bringing in dirt etc. Any way I don't use your actual system but I have a thermostat and heat the water while my van is plugged in. I have learned to know when to heat etc and adjust for different weather etc and I always have a perfect temp of water and it lasts me for several hours.

oh I knew that about the Hanvey when you said what you had.

I have a deep sink in my garage with hot water now that I own my house. Works perfectly for me.

I live and serve a rural area and we have big fly problems because so many people have horses (Plus the wild ones that roam our neighborhoods). PLUS I once had a bee fly up my capris and sting me lol

Fortunately the mobile I work with and soon has a fully booked clientele and rarely takes new customers. Almost none of the dogs get into bad shape where I have to consider preclipping like stripping a coat, so almost every dog is right to the tub. Now there are a couple that bathe their dogs themselves between 8 week appts. Some create some mats by bathing in the shed, but never so bad I cannot fix things up. You can talk and talk to them and show them and they just keep doing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2