Default Setting appointments..

Curious
    How long do you give a customer to respond to time slots for appointments done by text.

Got a customer who goes 3, 4 times a year. Waited too long in my book now the slot is gone . So do I have to feel like a jerk for 5 min before I move on or not at all. I guess I should include in the text this offer last til tomorrow am...

Please accuse me or validate me

I'm good with 24 hours. I check my phone all the time. If they text me and I hear it, I respond right away. Then when they don't respond I kind wonder what what what? Did they get in the car just at that moment I texted right back???

I think saying that this offer lasts until such and such a time is good idea. You are busy and say, "slots fill up fast, do you still want this time?" I might push them along and text back and say.. "I have someone who wants this time slot, do YOU still want it?"

I'm done doing once a year dogs and that goes for every 4 months as well. 16 weeks is way too long and the nails gets really long and it's all sorts of a mess and if they are groom hopping, then just pick someone, I don't care who they pick. I usually tell people 4-8 weeks. 12 weeks if the dog is really old. If the dog is ancient the owner stays, but I still expect them to care for their dog during that time.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

I give them a few hours to respond obviously not knowing what they are doing when they text me. I do end my texts saying I need an answer ASAP as I hv other customers to book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cmf07 View Post
    I give them a few hours to respond obviously not knowing what they are doing when they text me. I do end my texts saying I need an answer ASAP as I hv other customers to book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ^^^^THIS ^^^^ I will send another text if they don't respond in a 12hr time frame (I remind them at 48 hrs before appt) if they still don't respond after 24hrs... I send another text that tells them I canceled their appt and to please call or text me to set up a new appt. This last text gets the "slackers" attention and most text back immediately to say "no plz, I will be there".
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

It's why I do not do text. Calls only.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt99 View Post
    It's why I do not do text. Calls only.
    They just go to VM.....with a text I have proof I sent reminder (what day and time) for those that want to play dumb
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

I don't do text but with clients I know if I have to leave a VM I'll leave a few days and times available, but I don't hold them at all. If someone else wants it, they get it and if the VM client calls and wants that day/time they have to choose another. Cause I have sometimes called a left VM and not heard back from the other person for a week and I am not holding that appointment and then they don't even take it.