Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Laugh Cat Narrow miss today because of 3 gray squirrels

I don't care what I am driving I don't want to hit any living creatures. Today I came around and bin and not one but 3 gray squirrels and going back, no forward, no back. Like Mexican jumping beans. My first instinct is a little swerve here, no there, no, yes, nooo. One is enough but 3 at once? Almost hit a mailbox but narrowly made it. WTH! You could hear my tools and my lunch hit the floor I hadn't bolted down. And what is on the radio? Jump! Pointer Sisters!

Oh yes been there. Deer bursting out, or squirrels, close calls.

Next time TRY to hit them. Bet you can't!

Never swerve to miss a squirrel.....they will move, special sixth sense on feel of the road under them keeps them on track....you swerve it throws their sense off.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

I agree Cyn I was told that too. But you know those first reactions get the better of you sometimes.

OK 1mobilegroomer I had a squirrel issue today, my first! I was ready to splat it Cyn for safety reasons if need be. I kept on going and no thud.

Here in the Northwest we have so many squirrels, chipmunks, foxes, deer, elk (even near "downtown" let alone my biggest angst loose dogs when they acreage, I go on high alert when I drive. Every day, that's how much wildlife is here and yep, those Night Fever Night Fever squirrels on the road are a challenge. But I love them all. I also have several dens of rabbits this year but they tend to stay off the roads. About a week ago driving out off the property wild turkeys held me up. It's fun, it makes you smile. OK that's enough, I bought romaine lettuce for the bunny dens, it is warm and dry this year with hundreds of fires, nature needs a little boost.

Quote Originally Posted by TootsiePie View Post
    OK 1mobilegroomer I had a squirrel issue today, my first! I was ready to splat it Cyn for safety reasons if need be. I kept on going and no thud.
    Told you so.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Never swerve to miss a squirrel.....they will move, special sixth sense on feel of the road under them keeps them on track....you swerve it throws their sense off.

Tell this to the beautiful two red squirrels that have been hit on the road in front of my house, two years in a row. I will brake, swerve, and stop to prevent taking any form of life. Our van can be repaired, wildlife can't. To say that they have a "sixth sense and the feel of the road" leaves me shaking my head as to where on earth you heard this from.

Happy saving wildlife

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

I didn't hear it anywhere Dolly. I am a country girl (have been all my life) and this is my experience......and many others experience as well.
    If you have had 2 sets of red squirrels ran over in front of your house, then someone swerved to try to miss them and messed up their senses.

Maybe the grays have a different M.O. than the reds?

Quote Originally Posted by 1mobilegroomer View Post
    Maybe the grays have a different M.O. than the reds?
    Maybe....how about the albino squirrels? We have fortune to have thE grays, reds, albino, a striped cross (I guess it is a cross). Whatever color, I love our squirrels......country tv at its best.
    Now Dolly, would I swerve to miss a cat or dog or horse, ect.....YES ma'am.....squirrels feel the vibration of the cadence of one's tires.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast