Laugh Not Truth be known, how often do you follow the exact dilution recommendations

I had to LOL that some of my employees mixing shampoos have said to me you don't follow the instructions. Truth be known I found that the ones that recommend low dilutions like 8 to 16 to 1 usually do just fine if increased by 2 or 3 points. Seriously, I am no cheapskate but they are just recommendations. Part of the reason is that I find most people use too much shampoo or waste it in the way they apply. Also, we usually bathe pets twice with some exceptions. That second bath doesn't need the same strength as the first. Really I have proven that at least to myself. Think about that. Plus if the first bath is on a truly deep dirt doggie, it probably needs a grimey extra dirty dog shampoo, followed by a basic shampoo. So no I certainly do not follow exact dilution rates quite often, I admit it!! LOL

Truth be known, I'm a guilty shampoo waster. Yes, I am. I just pump it straight from the bottle into the tub then use the bathing machine. Then I hand wash, then more bathing machine.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

I think I measured for one week when I first started. I don't have a bathing system. I just have a feel.

I dilute less than they recommend. Hate watered down shampoo.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
    Me, too!!!! That was one of my complaints when I was in school. Well.. it was an internal complaint lol. Grab a bottle of diluted shampoo..then grab another, and another just to get the dogs clean. The first "school" shop I worked in.. even the blueberry facial was diluted and you'd poor from these ketchup like bottles with thin nozzles and the dogs HATED it. It would pour all over the place! I wouldn't want something pointy, even plastic coming towards my face and super watery either. Now I pump the face soap in my hands and lather up, THEN put the lather on the dog's face. So much easier, less stressful. A couple of pumps or handful of shampoo into the tub and I'm good to go.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
    I do the same - I think I mostly go by color of the solution.

I am exacting and usually do what the bottle says but never over dilute.