Animated Wink Time for a Price Hike?

Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Yep. I raise my prices each year. I’ve done this since my first year in business. It’s usually a dollar or two. The vast majority don’t even realize that I raised my prices. They just write out the check or sign the CC slip without a second thought.

I always raise my prices in January. My long time regulars know this. No problem.

I never announce that I’m raising prices. That just makes people fret. I just say “it’s $64 today” and they give me money. Such a deal !!

If someone does say something I blame it on the landlord or the government. Which is the truth.
    Client: Oh. You went up!
    Me: Yep. The landlord raised the rent. Wow! Remember when you could buy a house for $50,000? Boy, those were the days!
    (And we laugh and reminisce )

I too have my “little old lady” prices. In my case, it’s little old men. They can walk all over me! And some of them...and the “little old ladies” haven’t had a price increase in years.

I rarely get any complaints about raising prices. I usually keep at $3 too.

I meant to also add I found Spring of each year the best time. Not in the cold or slower times of Winter but when everything starts picking up.