Thread: New member

Default New member

Hello everyone, Iím kinda new to grooming but not. I decided to start grooming my own dogs opposed to taking them to a groomer a few years back. To make a long story short, I enjoyed it so much that I took a two week course (one of the worst decisions I ever made) to learn how to groom them correctly. Since I walked away from that experience a few thousand dollars poorer and with absolutely no valuable skills, I decided to start watching as many videos as I could find on the internet. Fast forward a year and Iíve since set up my very own room just for grooming! I find grooming to be therapeutic for me and I would leave my nursing career to do it more often if I could find a way. That being said, itís hard for me to find a salon that would hire me part time due to my crazy schedule. My passion is grooming and I would love to find a person who is willing to teach me all that they know, I would even work for free if I found the right person to mentor me. I am more of a hands on person when it comes to learning new things. I love reading all about the new techniques and have become a bit obsessed with the Asian Fusion styles as well as trying to make my dogs look as cute as I can without shaving them down. Iím from the Cleveland area so if anyone is interested in passing on their knowledge, please reach me...

Quote Originally Posted by Buffylynn01 View Post
    Hello everyone, Iím kinda new to grooming but not. I decided to start grooming my own dogs opposed to taking them to a groomer a few years back. To make a long story short, I enjoyed it so much that I took a two week course (one of the worst decisions I ever made) to learn how to groom them correctly. Since I walked away from that experience a few thousand dollars poorer and with absolutely no valuable skills, I decided to start watching as many videos as I could find on the internet. Fast forward a year and Iíve since set up my very own room just for grooming! I find grooming to be therapeutic for me and I would leave my nursing career to do it more often if I could find a way. That being said, itís hard for me to find a salon that would hire me part time due to my crazy schedule. My passion is grooming and I would love to find a person who is willing to teach me all that they know, I would even work for free if I found the right person to mentor me. I am more of a hands on person when it comes to learning new things. I love reading all about the new techniques and have become a bit obsessed with the Asian Fusion styles as well as trying to make my dogs look as cute as I can without shaving them down. Iím from the Cleveland area so if anyone is interested in passing on their knowledge, please reach me...
    Are you saying a 2 week was thousands? Wow. There are some great vids at learn2groomdogs.com. Itzaclip on the board here has great helpful Asian videos too.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffylynn01 View Post
    Welcome to the board. It's a great place to post questions, she will get answers around here.

Hello! I love those asian styles too.