Huh Mobile Groomer Faces Allegation of Abuse in CA

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...lpha-grooming/

BURLINGAME (KPIX) – Eric Stanton says his five pound dog, Pepper is still traumatized from what happened last weekend. Not only did a groomer allegedly tape Pepper’s mouth after being bit by him, Eric says the dog was also bloody.

“My dog was struggling. What I thought was a muzzle turned out to be tape. His paws were bright red from the blood they had cut his toenails basically down to the paw which is probably why he bit him in my opinion,” said Stanton.

The groomer worked for Alpha Grooming, a mobile pet salon.

“I had to take him to the vet immediately,” says Stanton.

Stanton’s allegation of animal abuse is one of many against Alpha Grooming. The company is now under investigation for animal cruelty by the Santa Clara Sheriff’s office:

“The first things I noticed were around the joints the privates around the neck especially. They’d actually cut so close that she was bleeding,” says Stanton.

Mark Alber is one of several customers who posted on Yelp about getting their pets back injured or sick.

One woman shot a Snapchat video of a dog she says was crying in pain after she claims a groomer shoved a napkin in the dog’s ear.

KPIX has learned Alpha Grooming’s owner, Carlos Chaves also runs Pawsitively Groomed in Burlingame which also has reviews of alleged animal abuse on Yelp, including one customer who claims his dog’s eye came of its socket.

Stanton says the owner should not still in business.

“Absolutely not. He shouldn’t be near anyone’s animal,” he says.

Stanton says it took more than a month for his dog to heal.

If the Yelp reviews aren’t enough for Chaves’s customers, Stanton wants them to know what the man trusted to care for their pets said to him.

“He told me that this tape around the mouth method is totally normal and is an acceptable way to do it. It’s better than a muzzle and muzzles can be harmful for dogs and he has dogs himself and he would do this way instead,” says Stanton.

Chaves picked up the phone when KPIX called but handed it to a woman who said they were looking into these allegations. When asked about Pawsitively Groomed she said it was a separate entity and then hung up.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

So it was an employee of a mobile company. If I was an employer running a shop I can supervise all the work. Never really thought about the worries of a mobile employer. They cannot literally supervise their groomers. That could be a worry. Tom you have a mobile employees, does that kink bother you?

Are we talking scotch tape? Can I puke now?

Quote Originally Posted by On the Go View Post
    Are we talking scotch tape? Can I puke now?
    Just a guess....but it was probably 88 tape (the black tape) or surgical tape. I have seen vets do thus in the past. WRONG WAY TO MUZZLE, imho.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

It looked like masking tape to me. Regardless, just wrong.

Agggghh.... did you notice the bloody paws on the back legs of that little thing?? OMG.. I have no words. Yeah.. why yeah.. I use tape all the time. Wrap it 50 times around my dogs mouth... yeah totally acceptable. It's that method.. oh the opposite of what Emma does. Mine is called Fearful training. He would use it on his own dogs????? That was distressing. The whole thing is distressing.

I'm still a bit hung up on muzzles are harmful. Have they not heard of Baskerville? Or those newer ones, the Novaguards?? Or.. wait for it... an Elizabethan collar??? I love the Novaguards.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    It looked like masking tape to me. Regardless, just wrong.
    Yeah.. really, very, very, very wrong. Those bloody toenails in the pic are bad too.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

This is disgusting treatment.

Googled an update, abuse charges may be coming. https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...488340811.html

Default Did they blame Trump yet?

Was in the biz over 8 years and been bit less than 5 times. Groomer was definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JMarti521 View Post
    Was in the biz over 8 years and been bit less than 5 times. Groomer was definitely doing something wrong.
    Exactly. Q