Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brows Up Cat No more shave downs of matted cats

I am kind of excited. I am no longer doing matted-cat shave-downs, and am moving toward having memberships. I will still shave cats whose fur is in good shape, as long as it doesnt scare them and they are not too bony.
    Phew!
    This isnt really that bold though, since shave- down clients dont seem to like me very much, or maybe they just dont believe me when i suggest more brushing. I am tired of them giving me the beady eye when i say monthly visits are required!

Go girl. Sounds like a great direction for you.

I agree go for it. You are a truly specialty groomer. It's stressful enough to do respectful cat grooming, but to have to make up for owners that don't take proper care?? Graduation day is here.

Thank you! I may even do what my dream is, which is to do claws and brushing and nothing else. In and out fast, and simple enough that i could maybe hire employees. Too hard to hire cat groomers, but moonlighting vet techs and shelter workers can be trained for deshedding and claws. Would love to be national service.

Good for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Emma123 View Post
    Thank you! I may even do what my dream is, which is to do claws and brushing and nothing else. In and out fast, and simple enough that i could maybe hire employees. Too hard to hire cat groomers, but moonlighting vet techs and shelter workers can be trained for deshedding and claws. Would love to be national service.
    Whoa! You are growing and growing. I never thought I would even have my shop but I overcame that. As soon as I did and got my confidence it is like, what was holding me back. Just my mind. I question my thoughts all the time. Oh you are the voice holding me back, oh you are the one kicking my butt, oh you are the one saying you can do this. So listen to the ones that support you and free you. But always have a plan, a step at a time, grow it this big, then this big, then this big. No rush.

I don't blame you. You have done enough of that. I was thinking about you today. I groomed some very hard to groom dogs when I started out. Then some years later I got employees. But you are on your own, so do it. Take care of you.

I won't shavedown more than 1 or 2 in a week. I don't like doing it, I don't like owners that get to that level of disregard.

I feel that way too. It's hard for me to talk with the owners, because I feel like we are speaking different languages.

Emma, you are providing elite, exclusive service to appreciating customers. You don't need those OAY shavedowns! And I think membership idea is great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ABDG View Post
    Emma, you are providing elite, exclusive service to appreciating customers. You don't need those OAY shavedowns! And I think membership idea is great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Right and the more exclusive your services the better the membership model really works, at least I would think so.
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the FAQ section, or in the Board Help Forum. Thanks for coming to PetGroomer.com http://www.petgroomer.com.

Thank you for the encouragement. We'll see how it goes! I did receive two calls last week from clients asking for monthly claw trims. Another person called, then cancelled, but was very apologetic. I think it kinds of sets a higher bar, in that people know that I'm looking for long-term regular clients. It's just a new idea -- like the idea of buying coffee at Starbucks every morning was a new idea, ha ha, I hope.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast