Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I actually like this thread a lot the way it is going. You cannot book men all in the same category, and using your talent for female intuition is important. You can and should ask questions, but some of them won't tell their truth, and many not even know it. Be strong ladies as many of you are. It can get tougher the more independent you are owning your business. But you have to live your dream.

Clean Puppy. I thought of you yesterday. I have to agree with Emma here. Owning a grooming business can be really frustrating. Dealing with clients, employees, taxes, and supplies. It’s easy to voice those frustrations to those nearest to us.

Yesterday I sent my DH a text that said “These employee’s are driving me CRAZY!” Plus I need to get my quarterly taxes finished up and payday is Monday so I need to do that paperwork before my weekend can begin.

If all my man heard was the frustration talk he would indeed think he was “rescuing me” if I didn’t have to run a business. “Work for someone else” he would say. “Let them worry about all that”. But I love having my shop. That’s why I’m still doing this years and years later.

Yes, make it clear early on that you are a business owner and intend to stay that way.

Even as a teenager, and later as an adult, I would take new boyfriends to dog shows. This is my hobby. This is what I’m interested in. I would take them over to the Sighthound area and say “these are the type of dogs I love”. If they in turn took me over to the German Shepherds, well, relationship over—even before it starts. ( no offense to you GSD lovers...I’m just a Sighthound and Terrier lover)

So just be clear. Quiz them and quiz them often. Let them know what is important to YOU! And while it’s fine to voice your business frustrations, make equal time to voice all the things you love about your career choice.

Now, back to doing taxes and paychecks!

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    Clean Puppy. I thought of you yesterday. I have to agree with Emma here. Owning a grooming business can be really frustrating. Dealing with clients, employees, taxes, and supplies. It’s easy to voice those frustrations to those nearest to us.

Yesterday I sent my DH a text that said “These employee’s are driving me CRAZY!” Plus I need to get my quarterly taxes finished up and payday is Monday so I need to do that paperwork before my weekend can begin.

If all my man heard was the frustration talk he would indeed think he was “rescuing me” if I didn’t have to run a business. “Work for someone else” he would say. “Let them worry about all that”. But I love having my shop. That’s why I’m still doing this years and years later.

Yes, make it clear early on that you are a business owner and intend to stay that way.

Even as a teenager, and later as an adult, I would take new boyfriends to dog shows. This is my hobby. This is what I’m interested in. I would take them over to the Sighthound area and say “these are the type of dogs I love”. If they in turn took me over to the German Shepherds, well, relationship over—even before it starts. ( no offense to you GSD lovers...I’m just a Sighthound and Terrier lover)

So just be clear. Quiz them and quiz them often. Let them know what is important to YOU! And while it’s fine to voice your business frustrations, make equal time to voice all the things you love about your career choice.

Now, back to doing taxes and paychecks!
    LOL, good advice for me too. Except I don't have to get back to taxes yet.

True true ladies but there are most definitely men, especially men associated with one faith in particular but not any way limited too, the virtuous wife stays home and has the babies. I went through this growing up in an area like this. Now it is not always a faith issue, but some men are absolutely 100% raised by parents to be this or that, and one of those choices is to be THE breadwinner or family pride is out the door. Seriously.

All of you are awesome. I SEE THE LIGHT you could say. Went through a couple dark days and feel renewed. I can even laugh at myself. It's my clear day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2