Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thanks for the hugs - sorely needed.

I do have a WNTs - I bought it used last year - at an exceptional price, wife got the van in the divorce and the she wasn't the groomer, hubby was, so she couldn't show me how to operate anything, and as such some of the costly repairs were due to my inexperience (hot water heater froze and needed replacing in that awful cold we had last winter). It's an older unit with low mileage and it had been in storage for 3 years, so I still think I got a great deal, it's just daunting trying to get and KEEP everything operational.

I think Tom has convinced me with his approach to generators, a cheap unit from Harbor Freight mounted on the back.

Hang in there. Not sure where you are. Your profile didn't mention location. You can see where anyone is at by looking at their profile for the public. Perhaps another mobile groomer with a Wagn Tails might help you.

P.S. You can send a Private Message to Admin and he will change your user name to something else you request other than your email address. I made the same mistake when I first signed up.

This morning I groomed 2 senior Wheatons in a 4gc in a little less than 2 hours and 15 minutes without a working a/c and 2 box fans and a quality hand held dryer. I have a Hanvey Sprinter for about 4 years and have learned to adjust when things break down without spending a lot of money The big difference is I only have an inverter and no generator. So I believe I have less power to work with.

My a/c went out a few months ago so I purchased the front windshield sunscreen made specifically for it. It cost about 60 bucks and worth every penny and I should have had it even with a working a/c. My two rear door windows and my big side window have black out curtains on them from Walmart . I use heavy duty magnets to hold them up. I have my 2 over head vents covered. I never use them anyway. I just open my door briefly once or twice while drying to let the moisture out if it gets too humid inside and in mild weather I leave them cracked open. If my cab side window faces the sun I will put a towel in the window to block sun. Inside I have a couple of box fans blowing on the dog and I leave the cab door open and use that a/c. It is a totally comfortable environment and it's almost August and I am in no hurry to buy a new a/c (I do have all my work done usually before noon but it is still hot)

As I have posted many times I do not like to use HV except on big dogs and I have learned to groom without it. Not that you want to but you can get through it fairly easily until you get a new dryer. I pre-clip with clipper vac (I get a lot of use out of an old 30 blade on a 2 or 4 gc with the clipper vac) and it conserves power. Spending thousands of dollars on generators and invertors and losing money in down time is far worse to me than preclipping in mobile to save energy.

After the dog is preclipped and bathed I use the box fans to dry , a good towel and the hand held, primarily for the head. I could have turned on my stand dryer or my hv on low but I didn't feel like it.

As you get used to your mobile you will figure out ways to deal with the many things that can go wrong.

I have to add that I do not take dogs that I do not feel are good candidates for mobile (not to hairy) and I am primarily a small dog groomer but you can with my methods get through some of your clients without a/c or and hv until you figure out what to do.

I hope some of this can help you.

8400 is past the lifetime of a gas onan. In fact, that's really good. Most die for good at 6000.

I would not spend money on it. It needs replacement or go my route for under 1000 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=lillypeanut;734748]This morning I groomed 2 senior Wheatons in a 4gc in a little less than 2 hours and 15 minutes without a working a/c and 2 box fans and a quality hand held dryer. I have a Hanvey Sprinter for about 4 years and have learned to adjust when things break down without spending a lot of money The big difference is I only have an inverter and no generator. So I believe I have less power to work with.

My a/c went out a few months ago so I purchased the front windshield sunscreen made specifically for it. It cost about 60 bucks and worth every penny and I should have had it even with a working a/c. My two rear door windows and my big side window have black out curtains on them from Walmart . I use heavy duty magnets to hold them up. I have my 2 over head vents covered. I never use them anyway. I just open my door briefly once or twice while drying to let the moisture out if it gets too humid inside and in mild weather I leave them cracked open. If my cab side window faces the sun I will put a towel in the window to block sun. Inside I have a couple of box fans blowing on the dog and I leave the cab door open and use that a/c. It is a totally comfortable environment and it's almost August and I am in no hurry to buy a new a/c (I do have all my work done usually before noon but it is still hot)

As I have posted many times I do not like to use HV except on big dogs and I have learned to groom without it. Not that you want to but you can get through it fairly easily until you get a new dryer. I pre-clip with clipper vac (I get a lot of use out of an old 30 blade on a 2 or 4 gc with the clipper vac) and it conserves power. Spending thousands of dollars on generators and invertors and losing money in down time is far worse to me than preclipping in mobile to save energy.

After the dog is preclipped and bathed I use the box fans to dry , a good towel and the hand held, primarily for the head. I could have turned on my stand dryer or my hv on low but I didn't feel like it.

As you get used to your mobile you will figure out ways to deal with the many things that can go wrong.

I have to add that I do not take dogs that I do not feel are good candidates for mobile (not to hairy) and I am primarily a small dog groomer but you can with my methods get through some of your clients without a/c or and hv until you figure out what to do.

I hope some of this can help you.[/QUO

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that kind of outside of the box thinking. I will often refer to myself as a swamp yankee (I live in Connecticut) for that kind of MacGyver, Do -Less-With-More kind of innovative thinking. So thank you for all of the clever work-arounds.

And I am going to make an appt to have a harbor freight generator - a la Tom- installed next week.

I gotta say I feels loads better spewing to you folks who can, uniquely, feel my pain.

Thanks so much for all the support.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    8400 is past the lifetime of a gas onan. In fact, that's really good. Most die for good at 6000.

I would not spend money on it. It needs replacement or go my route for under 1000 bucks.

Thanks again Tom, I am for sure going the Harbor Freight route.

Groom on my peeps!!!!

Please change your gen oil 1x month regardless of usage. Buy the 1 year warranty only. I mount mine facing in meaning the front of gen toward van. I ran battery wires to the van rear battery to start the gen. No need for a small separate battery on the gen.

Also use the round NEMA outlet

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    Please change your gen oil 1x month regardless of usage. Buy the 1 year warranty only. I mount mine facing in meaning the front of gen toward van. I ran battery wires to the van rear battery to start the gen. No need for a small separate battery on the gen.

Also use the round NEMA outlet

Really interesting strategy Tom. I will keep this in mind. I think the gen where I work and soon own has about 3500 hours on it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3