Animated Wink $62 Million Annual Spending on Plastic Surgery for Pets

This article is all over the place in pet spending, but I thought the amount spent on plastic surgery was pretty amazing. Got me thinking, how many of you groom pets that have had plastic surgery?

https://www.nrtoday.com/the-secret-p...5236d5eae.html
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

My dane has had a vulvoplasy as she had a bit of a back pouch, and my concern was for the UTI's that can cause. It counted as additional surgery time as she was in for another procedure, but very worth it. As for dogs I groom, there are those that have had ear cropping or tail docking , and quite a few that get benign warts removed, but otherwise it's usually for health reasons- so extra eye skin removed, or nasal passages widened on brachycephalic types. I do wish that more vets/owners would remove those unattached dew claws though. Almost every one has a nail that grows into the pad in my experience.

I had a German Shep that had some facial plastic surgery after a car accident.

Yes when you start to count the tail docking ear crops I bet it does add up and we see that in our shops of course.

Tail docking, ear cropping (not seeing that as much now), and surgeries after an accident-Yes. 'Neuticles'? Really? $ome people ju$t have too much money to $pend. It irks me when I see dogs dressed up like children or treated like accessories-how demeaning. Dogs are so wonderful just the way they are.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

I see far fewer tail docks and ear crops than when I started. Some of those dogs are much less anxious letting me trim their ears.