Goofy Grooming advice a shorty

I am not even 5 feet tall and ready to go to grooming school. Is anyone else knowledgeable in grooming tools and equipment that would accomodate a shorty like me. We don't have any grooming suppliers to visit around here so fitting to my size is scary. Probably lots of returns when you try to size shopping online. Would love any assistance to help me get things like a table that goes extra low, or shears best suited to very small hands. Even a dryer that isn't taller than me if you know what I mean.

Every manufacturer of a good table can give you the height measurement of how high and low a table raises and lowers. That should be easy for you. Shears to me are a different story unless you get some good leads here from experience. I fit mine at a show. You may want to call the shear manufacturer. You probably won't get the best advice from a supplier (there are exceptions) but the manufacturer would know for sure. There are tubs that raise and lower. A bit pricey. Look for used. Save up I think besides your table it is essential to have a tub that fits. You can always but a tub insert and build your own frame to suit someday.

Welcome to the board.

I had a male groomer with really large hands and he called Kenchii as I remember and it helped. I remember they referred him as well. I am sure they can do the same for you as well.

I know shears for hairstylists have been made for very small hands, such as this one https://mizutaniscissors.com/shop/sc...h-twig-twiggy/ but you see upscale prices, AND it is for human hair!! Definitely ask some manufacturers of pet shears.

You definitely are going to need to get a table that raises and lowers, and of course lowers is the key. I would get electric, being shorter and having to pump hydraulic, nah! When you can afford it same with a tub. Check the specs, there are some that go quite low.

Until you're ready for an electric table, you can always replace the legs on a regular grooming table. Had a self serve client once who put really short legs on a table-she showed Newfies. Maybe there's a dog show near you. Lots of vendors there, too, with scissors to try. Finger guards might help if the finger holes are too large for you. As for the tub, something to stand on would work, just make it big enough that you won't accidentally step off.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

I am not a major shortie but short. You got good advice here. I found some Kenchii that fit.

I am a shorty. I got most of my shears when I go to Intergroom. 6's do me fine. I had to use a 12 inch step at the tub where I first worked. I hated it. Overall once I got the tools in order and a good table that really lowers well, no issues.