Whoa Black standard poodle turns out to be a black bear

Bleary eyed and going home from the animal hospital I took an alternate route since the regular route is being paved and for 12 miles you have to drive 25. So once we were about 5 miles out of town, and I am talking the capital of the state not the boonies, about a half mile ahead of me I saw something about the size of a black standard poodle trying to cross the road. As I got closer like 300 feet away that's not std poo, that is a young black bear trying to get across the road in among homes. What a sight. Come to find out from a friend tonight that there have been black bear sightings in local suburban neighborhoods.
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the FAQ section, or in the Board Help Forum. Thanks for coming to PetGroomer.com http://www.petgroomer.com.

We had one too last week. He was trying to climb over the fence into the Fairgrounds in Puyallup
    They did catch him and moved him out of town.

Which reminds me of another bear story. This happened awhile ago.
    I was getting my hair cut and the hairdresser had her TV on. The news was on and they were talking about the bear they just caught—again—in Puyallup.

So the news reporter lady was talking about how the bear was taken waaaaay up into the woods and he would never be a bother again. And I can tell that she is reporting from my little mountain town! They dumped that bear practically into my neighborhood!

The sad part is, about two weeks later I was heading to work behind a pickup truck. A young bear ran out in front of the truck and got clipped pretty bad on its rear quarters. I bet you ten to one it was the same bear. (We just don’t have a bear problem up there)
    So I’m pretty sure he was this displaced bear.

I met a man that groomed bears for shows. It was really interesting.

There was a 180 lb black bear hbc and killed 90 miles from ME a couple of days ago. I watch closely because my family's farm is on Double Creek and the Okefenokee Swamp (and a series of creeks) connect coming out about 5 miles from the farm. Other creeks run from the northern part of the state. Black bears. Panthers. Coyote. Bobcat. Alligators. Deer. Cows...(yes, in the middle of the road)...You name it. Drive carefully.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Oh my word! First, I'm glad your dog is going to be okay. Second I think I'd flip if I saw a bear, we just don't see them here at all. There was a sighting of a Bengal Tiger and it was reported on this very reliable FB group I go to regarding fires and things in El Cajon. One law enforcement dept confirmed it, another dept said it was a hoax... but haven't seen or heard any more so who knows. There was a man a few blocks away whose snakes all escaped ??

Other than that, the only wild things we see here are people.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

The only time I ever see a bear is when we go to Yellowstone. Cool sight.

Wow I would have loved to been there. Someday I plan to go the big national parks with a camper or RV in the West.

We have done Yellowstone and had an incredible time. It is beyond grand and beautiful. We then went down to grand canyon, what memories. Stunning beauty. We got to see lots of bear, moose, bighorns on some the most outrageously beautiful vistas I could ever imagine. I have no words, and the lodges were incredible. We had some young grandchildren with us and it was as exciting as doing to Disney for them and want to go back. Now that is saying something.