Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have always used Coat Handler shampoo. Forever and ever (30 plus years) it's what I've used on my show dogs. Why not in the salon? For a short time I used Envirogroom Gentle Clean and it was an OK shampoo too.

I did try out Quadruped when everyone was raving about it and I did stick with their all in one conditioner because it smells so good. It's quicker drying than the Coat Handler conditioner too.

Though I still keep Coat Handler conditioner on hand for my clients who can't stand the scent of the Quadruped. It's funny people either loooove it or hate it. I only have two people who don't like it and one that is sensitive to scents.

I use Isle Of Dog in the shop. And Chubbs bars. The chubbs sugar scrub is great to deep clean and degrease. IOD follows that. Clients LOVE the clean crisp fragrance and comment on it a lot. Love the clean feel to the coat with these products.

On the Quadruped the thing I hear the most from clients is the scent fades within hours to a nice level. But more than they love how the dog's coat feels. People mention the softness all the time.

I don't find the Les Poochs always the best shampoo. It is one of those pearl types and can weight down some coats. So it is a good shampoo but hardly effective on every coat type.

It's a moisturizing shampoo, so depending on your water, it will not leave a stripped clean feel. But it will still give Yorkie fluffy coat.
    Quote Originally Posted by absolutebichon View Post
    I don't find the Les Poochs always the best shampoo. It is one of those pearl types and can weight down some coats. So it is a good shampoo but hardly effective on every coat type.
    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt99 View Post
    What is the standard les pooch go to shampoo? Is it really $140 a gallon???
    Make sure they know you are a groomer because they have reduced prices for groomers vs public. I LOVE their orange colored degreaser shampoo for cats.

Their other shampoos were ok. I use Tropiclean , EZ Groom, and Natures Specialty as my "go to shampoos".....because they are good and they work well with my water. You will need to experiment with different shampoos so you too can find the best one for your water. I've never heard of a company charging for samples, usually they gladly give them away for your future business.

Happy bathing Fluffy

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2