Default Generator to a grooming van ? pet pro van

HI all,
    I was thinking of adding a generator to the equation for back up to the on board gen of the pet pro. I was wondering how you hook up the gen to the van. Is it a three prong electrical cord plugged from the generator into the in flip-box drivers side where the generator is located. Also, is there a switch that has to be flipped in the back of the van?
    Thank you

The wagn tails has an automatic switch over once you plug into the RV shoreline on the side of your van. If you had a supplemental generator you would run a cord from the gen to the RV plug. I would use the RV NEMA outlet on the generator if it has one. It's better than the household 3 prong one. Use a 10 gauge cord also.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

looking at a gen with 2 regular outlets so if i get it right

from generator to standard 10 gauge cord to to yellow pigtail to the flip box input
    pics below

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes that's the simplest way. You will obviously have to remove it when driving.

You will not be able to run your dryer and ac out of the regular 3 prong on the gen. Its probably only rated to 20 amps. A generator with a RV outlet will allow 28 amps so you can run everything through the 1 cord.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    Yes that's the simplest way. You will obviously have to remove it when driving.

You will not be able to run your dryer and ac out of the regular 3 prong on the gen. Its probably only rated to 20 amps. A generator with a RV outlet will allow 28 amps so you can run everything through the 1 cord.

Tom I just wanted to say I love how helpful and knowledgeable you are. By the way are you moving soon, I cannot remember if it was this year or next.

Thanks.

Not moving until my shop sells and that may take months or more.