Smile She wants me to pickup her dry cleaning and delicatessan and bag of pet food!!!

I have a newer customer 81 years and not able to drive. She wants me to come over every 3 weeks and asked if she arranges it, will I pickup an order at her favorite deli, dry cleaning and corp pet food all in the same shopping center. I said this time I will and she is going to pay me $50 an hour. I figure if the orders are ready $30 is fine. She is a real darling. Mobile sure gets you some interesting customers. She tips super well too. I feel she is bit lonely and she always has a dish of snacks waiting for me the last 3 appts.

Sounds like she's a real sweetheart. Glad you're willing to help her out. Our job isn't always just about grooming.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

It would be a hard one for me to say NO too for sure! I have a soft spot because I always look at them as my Grandma. I used to clean house for an 80 something lady which would have taken me all of an hour(small house) however she made me lunch and always wanted me to watch The Young and the Restless(which I could care less about) with her. I always did because she had no relatives and it broke my heart to think of her so alone.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
    Sounds like she's a real sweetheart. Glad you're willing to help her out. Our job isn't always just about grooming.
    ^^^^THIS ^^^^
    I have a few clients that don't drive......I also do these above things and take their pets to the vet for them.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

I have done this for some that I know that really need the assistance and sometimes cannot afford a caregiver or have family. It's nice if they offer to pay a little too.

I do this even for some housecall customers.

Thank you for responding. Her name is Elma and I found out that she was pet bather one summer 30 years. So sweet. I told her I would contact her about a week ahead of her next appointment for a list of what she needed. I know I mean a lot to her and pet. Just feels good to help someone doing their best to be independent as long as they can. She said to pickup something at the deli for myself at the same time as I pickup something for her, isn't that sweet. Makes me miss my grandma.

If this comes up for me I would be very pleased to help. I love mobile.

That is very nice of you!
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887