Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets2005 View Post
    That's great! So what did you do, advertise that you were doing on the spot nail trims and baths? What about when you were in your rig bathing a dog, did you have someone outside "manning" your area? Just curious how this would work! Thank you! Such a great idea
    I stopped doing most nails only services except one day a week and only during what would be a lunch break like 12 to 1. I found a post here by the Admin that recommended a sandwich board saying something like Nails only $8, Nails free with bath or groom. Brilliant. I am sure that boosted my baths.

I did a little advertising on my website and FB and on my answering machine. Just having the van at the market was a billboard. I had brochures on the outside of the van when the door was closed, and if I am in the tub. I Ieave a little sign that says just that and will be free in 10 minutes. I also have a notebook paper that says if you would like me to call you instead, write their number down. Many haven't even left an swing by before they leave the market. It works really great that I can put the dog for safety in a crate and let them peek at the inside.

I will be getting a webcam to monitor the outside activity too while grooming. I can usually see through the window but just in case, I think the webcam on my laptop is good alternative.

So once I get the dog out of the tub check out front. People take the brochures a lot and I will take appts for the next weekend. I have found many of them come to the market at least twice a month to get fresh produce and baked goods.

Now that there are about 6 weekends left I have a flyer with all my service and contact info so I can retain them hopefully when the market closes for winter. I also ask if I can put them on my email mailing list and most say yes if they live in the area. I do get some tourists.

So far about 20% have transitioned to having me groom at their homes.

Here we are in September, getting kinda sad this is the last month. The 3 day weekend was a boost I didn't know about. I have made a lot of friends and some the growers said they have festivals at their farm properties and said next year they want me to come to the celebrations

Big congratulations on your successful summer. I hope it inspires others.

You should write an article how you did this.

Well it turns out we have 3 more weekends and my jaunt is done. It was a real financial boon for me.

Great success story and this could be very helpful for new mobilers next year when the season arrives. Maybe they could even start now to suggest and get a spot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2