Waah Frightening day = tire blew out

I didn't need this, my heart blew up too. First time driving a rig having a blow out. Going about 40. Got over to the side of the road but a car following way too close almost rear ended me. I didn't brake hard but took my foot off the gas. It took 45 minutes for help to arrive. The tire has less than 5K miles on it and the side blew out. He was cautious but thought it was probably defective so I am having all the tires inspected tomorrow. I am glad I am in one piece and held onto the wheel, very scary.

YIKES!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

That's awesome that you handled it. I had a blowout going about 20 miles an hour on a street in town. I was able to get into a shopping center. Twice that speed, like Cyn said yikes. That is very suspicious to happen so soon. Get it checked out fast. You shouldn't have to pay for a new tire if it was defective.

Hope your first time was your LAST as well! Great driving to get it safely off the road!

Oh, that had to be so frightening. I’m glad your ok.

Whoa Nellie! You did good!

We have a large RV and that happened of course while I was sharing the driving about 50 on the Interstate. OMG I know how you feel. Happy you are safe.

I was frightened with my Buick blowing a tire. Glad you are OK.

Is this a pet pro van?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I blew a tire while grooming.......it took 3 hrs to get the tire changed.......AAA sent out the first two repair trucks and both were unable to lift the back of my van up.........so they sent a large truck and got the van lifted up. Then they discovered that my wheel had "melted" onto the axle and they had to take a 2x4 to pound and pry the wheel off. AAA now offers AAA-RV which would have avoided sending 2 smaller trucks first.....so please groomers, sign up for AAA-RV and not just AAA. I was lucky, my tire blew while I was stopped in a cul-de-sac, not on a busy highway with vehicles passing at
    70 mph.

Happy waiting around

HA! I guess I came close to a blowout. I arrived to pickup the van where I work and it had a flat. Far less scary!! But certainly tripped up my schedule today.

You are one brave lady!