Thread: Hello from ND!

Laugh Hello from ND!

I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am from North Dakota. I have been a dog groomer for 7 years previously and I am now looking to get back to it and venture out on my own. I am currently looking into purchasing a gently used trailer to get started. I am in the process of researching and learning as much as I can about the business aspect of it before I take the leap. I have already found lots of great info on this forum. Looking forward to "meeting" other groomers

Hello!!!! Yes lots of good knowledge here. Ask any questions, someone will have an answer. The mobile section should really help too. By the way the blogs here are great too.

Hi MMRK. Have you been looking at the used ads here for a trailer? Lots of leads. I used the ads for used equipment and tools. someone here will always find answers for you. I love that. Just post them. Good luck on your business.

Well a heart welcome MMRK!! I'm Deb and I live in San Diego.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Hello. Would love to know more about what lead you back to grooming?

I have been looking at used trailers. I love looking through the ads to see what is available. I didn't know there was a section on equipment and tools also! Thank you for the lead

Hi again everyone! My first name is Michelle. Here is my story Sorry if it's LONG
    Before I was a dog groomer, I worked for 3 different veterinarians while we moved around for a couple years. I loved it. When I saw the ad for a dog groomer at a grooming and boarding facility years ago, I thought "I have done that on a small scale" so I applied for the job. I got the job. I have always loved working with animals and it seems to be in my blood. I didn't leave my last grooming job willingly. My husband lost his job, went back to college for a couple years and once he found a job, it wasn't in the area where we lived. We ended up selling our house and moving yet again. So for now I have been working a plain Jane job and it wasn't until a few weeks ago when one of my horses had to go to the vet, while I was there, the vet tech apologized for them running so behind. I told her I understood and that I had worked for a few veterinarians before. It was then that she told me they were building a new facility. She said they would probably be done building the grooming and boarding facility first. I told her not only had I worked for veterinarians before, but that I used to also be a groomer. She asked me to please call and talk to the hiring Dr. When I was talking with her, I felt excited at the possibility. I realized I really missed what I used to do. I went home and couldn't stop thinking about why I wasn't still grooming. Then, out of the blue while shopping, I ran into a girl I used to work with who had also relocated. She told me how she was grooming and started out on her own. My biggest fear was always that you would need a shop. When she told me she found a mobile van on this site and flew out to New York alone and drove it back I was shocked. She told me to go for it. Since I hadn't thought of the mobile aspect of it, that is what is making this look like I am going to be able to do this! I am very excited, yet a bit scared also. I would love to know how you all started out