Thread: Grooming 6 cats

Shock Cat Grooming 6 cats

I have a request for a house call grooming 6 cats. Emma or anybody help? Is there a better way to do them in order. I have done 2 at a time at my place, house call even in shop. But 6. I thought about starting with the males first, they seem to set the attitude.

What do you know about the cats? Long hair? Short hair? Matted? Behavior?
    Is this a new client?

New customer has used grooming services but groomer moved away as grandmother needs live in assistance. 5 shorthair, 1 persian. Males 2 are shorthair. She likes to comb persian and says not matted. She does this every 3 to 4 months. No way to talk to previous groomer. She paid that groomer $290 per visit. Thanks for fast response.

Less than $50 per cat is what she is paying. That is such a low price, unless you live in an area where the cost of living is very low.
    For that price, I suggest doing a bath n' claws for the short-haired cats, no blow drying. Just towel drying with some brushing. That way, you can finish 2 cats/hour. So 5 cats will be done in about 2 1/2 hours.
    If you feel like males are better to start with, start with males.
    Lastly, I would wash & dry & do claw trim for the Persian cat. The sound of the blow dryer might upset the other cats, so best to save it for last.
    If the Persian takes 1 hour, then your total time there will be about 3 1/2 hours.
    Before I got there, I'd let the client know that you won't be blow-drying the short-haired cats, since that is not part of your service for short-haired cats unless she wants you to do it, in which case there is a fee for blow-drying.
    Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions. All of them were baths and Persian good shape. I told her next time it would $55 each short hair and $65 Persian. Cost of living here is very reasonable and that was a group price. I expressed dried the shorthairs starting with the males. My dryer is a very quiet handheld and only one was a little skiddish. She must do as she says and combs the persian several time a week. Very nice condition and didn't mind being handled, much. We dried the cats in the laundry room. Oddly the laundry sink that I expected to be in the laundry was in the kitchen. No matter. The owner stayed in the front room and took each cat as I finished them. She socializes them a lot so a friendly bunch for the most part. The claws were of course the test and it was ok. She gave me a good tip. I think I could look forward to coming back.

Sounds like a good client. You did well.

She called back to say thanks and scheduled again right after July 4th.

She called and said she wants maybe one in a lion? Oh my.