Animated Wink Groomers giving up their websites for FB only pages

We don't suggest this trend among some groomers, and yet we see it happening constantly in our groomer directories. Why? See this article.........

Facebook Sinking Fast Among US Teens: survey
    https://phys.org/news/2018-05-facebo...ns-survey.html

Teens are just years away from being adults with their own households, and teens can influence parents or assist them when not computer friendly.

We suggest every groomer have their own grooming website and get it ranked well in major search engines.

FB just got sued for BILLIONS too for privacy issues, and more suits are in the works. It isn't just going to go away, but relying solely on FB alone for your web presence is detrimental. Tens of millions of Americans are NOT searching FB for groomers even today. For the cost of about one full groom you can keep your own grooming website published for a year, look for low cost website hosts.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

We get more referrals from our website than FB, but love having both of them. Whatever works.

No way would I go with FB only. I read an article that people in general have slowed down on it a little, not a lot. But of course it won't be dominant forever. Many young people pride themselves on being different and new social media will take over. There are places for website that only cost about $30 to $50 a year, cheap. When I google groomers in my area they don't show FB results, only groomers with websites or certain directory listings. Silly to give that up.

STUPID. The last place I worked was like this. But there was no telling them and we wanted more grooming to fill our schedules.

Bad idea. Listings in search engines outside Facebook are like free referrals. Free is good!

Why are they doing this? To save a few dollars a month?

My 17 year old grandson said it is not so cool anymore using FB or Instagram. He is using D tube no You tube. Whatever, set in my ways? I remember when being cool was more important LOL. He asked me why do you think the CEO of Google resigned as chairman. He did? It is all changing in the next few years according to him. He built us a great website with Wordpress.

I'm giving up mine. No it doesn't cost much under 100 per year, but I don't need or want new clients. So I see no need to keep it after it runs out next year. It just gives people another way to contact me and I'd prefer not to have that.

Sure that makes sense when you are max out.