https://www.bustle.com/p/how-to-help...friend-9213993

Allergies are no joke, and as someone allergic to cats who also owns four cats, I can tell you pet allergies can seem especially insidious. Thankfully, my allergies are not so severe that a good dose of daily medication can't keep them at bay, but if you too are a a cat owner, chances are you're going to run into people with more worrisome allergies. And that means you're going to have to know how to keep people with cat allergies comfortable around you, your home, and your best friend(s).

Of course, the first thing you should do is ask folks who plan to come to your house if they're allergic, and how bad their allergies are. For people with only mild allergies, you can follow the advice below to help make your home as comfy as possible for them. But with potential visitors who have severe allergies, you may unfortunately have to consider not having them over to your home at all. Be honest with them about the fact that you think your home may be compromising for their health, and find workarounds together.

For folks whose allergies aren't quite that severe but who do need to minimize contact, there are steps you can to prep for their arrival. Home website The Spruce offers a great roundup of tips, beginning with a suggestion to clear your cats out of the way before your visitor comes over. I know, I know — it won't be easy to lock your furry BFF away, especially if they're a people cat, but as Franny Syufy writing for The Spruce points out, "It would be impractical to try to get rid of cat allergens while a group of cats follows you around, freely dispersing more allergens."...................