Animated Wink It's a Dirty Job But Someone Has to Do It....Is that You?

Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Thank you Jodi! I have slowly come to this conclusion due to my "I have to make everyone happy" personality! It is nice to hear how you handled a situation like this!

Oh yes, too many groomers fall into that trap. I was more like that when I started out. I needed clientele. Part of aging as a career is the ability to be more selective. Jodi is also mobile and there you have it again, another potential benefit common to a well run mobile business.

Great article! I had a conversation a year ago with a customer who refused to be on a 6-8 wk schedule with her always matted dogs. Finally told her I was not the groomer for them & it was the best decision I made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started my working for myself career with few customers and a big need for cash to cover monthly costs. I had skills and experience to handle nearly any grooming request, but I didn't have best body health to be handling big dogs. Guess what most of my customers were? Big dogs. So I did it and it took about a year to be able to decline any new ones. Matted messes and behavioral dogs. Sure plenty of them but no more unless the very matted ones are strips. If it takes more than 15 minutes to demat, no more. Let another, and same with some types of behavioral dogs. I can really relate to this blog. We are not always the groomer for every dog.

I was raised and accepted to always be a pleaser especially in work. This article hit home.

Funny but we were just talking about this recently. Thelast thing i need to be going is grooming a dog I am not comfortable with. or the customer.

This post is really helpful. I find some newer groomers don't think they should say no sometimes.