Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    I gotta admit, my practice are fantastic with me and my husband.

It is a relief and at the same time it isnt as they don't know what's up with my kidneys so that's added a little stress
    As for my thyroid they just want to monitor its function for now
    I had thyroid issues. Mine was much better regulated with daily dose detoxified iodine drops in water. Most iodine does nothing very well. Not all iodines are the same and not all absorbed well at all. I also do cranberry derivatives for daily maintenance of my kidneys. Doctor approved it all, asked what had I done.

Marshmellow how are you doing now?

Not great if I'm honest. BeeN seriously considering looking for another job that isn't grooming for 6 months or so (I've a 6 month non compete in my contract) so I can set up on my own. But I'm scared to do anything just yet as my job is a stable income while my husband looks for work as we only have my income coming into the house.

I got my scan results from my ultra sound, along with my bloods and urine tests, the urine came back normal if a little dehydrated, bloods still say my kidneys aren't great.. A reading of around 48... No clue what that means. Dr said there are 2 reasons why my kidneys may be damaged, 1 being numerous UTI as a child or taking excessive nsaids for long term. Which I think could be the cause as 10 years ago I was on so many different pain relief meds whilst trying to diagnose the cause of my. Chronic pelvic pain ( turns out I have stress induced pelvic congestion) but the only way to be sure is a kidney biopsy which (thankfully) the Dr is reluctant to do as it could cause more damage when my kidneys seem to function OK. But now I have to have 6 monthly bloods for kidneys and yearly urine tests.

Oh and they also found a benign lump in my liver too. Totally harmless and nothing to worry about.

I gotta go for more bloods in 3.onths time. And that's to check thyroid, kidneys and vitamin levals.

On a plus note we were able to arrange our finances and booked a holiday for October 2019 that were paying monthly for. It has meant sacrificing a few things like buses to work, I now walk to and from work (I do need to exercise more any way) . We are going back to corfu as we loved it so much but this time we're staying 7 nights.

I am so glad to hear you have another trip to Corfu planned! It sounds like a getaway couldn’t come soon enough for you both. Maybe it would be easier on your body to hire a young strong back to do all of the bathing and drying for you. You could focus on the finish work and clerical duties. Be well, and know that I am sending positive healing prayers your way.

I'm happy for the vacation coming up! Something good to look forward to. Well, there's a reason you don't feel good and I don't think it's just stress. I still think it sounds thyroid-y. I gained 5 lbs after my dog Petey died, and 5 lbs after Charley died and then went into a spiral slump that was really bad. I realized it was my thyroid, upped my thyroid, but I have to lose those 10 lbs.. it's like my body just sucks the thyroid right out of me. Depression, anxiety, super tired. Man it hit me like a ton of bricks about 3 weeks back.

Stay strong.. but if you feel rotten, reach out to someone. Sorry for all of this.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Have fun on your vacation and try to forget about your worries for a while. I'm glad that your test came back normal for the most part. If you don't already, drink lots and lots of water. If your kidneys are trying to process too much and they are saying you are a little dehydrated, you need to push lots of water to flush everything out.

I'm sure everything will work out in the end. When my hubby lost his job with a couple of his co-workers, one his co-worker's wife, who is also a groomer, was supporting the home for a long time. He went to many an interview to be rejected. They had just bought a new home, had a two-year-old daughter and finances were very tight. She recently just found out that she was pregnant with their second child and the pressure was on as she would eventually need to go on maternity leave. Just when things were looking their worst he found a job and was offered more money than what he was previously making at his old job! It took over a year, but things eventually worked out.

Don't lose hope! Hang in there! Sometimes what you are looking for is just around the corner. You may not always be able to see it, but have faith that it there. (:
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

They won't hire another body as I'm not busy enough. I had nothing on Monday and only 2-4 dogs each day the rest of the week. It's really frustrating. I've been there 3 years and I still regularly have days(2 or 3 totally dead days) a month where I've nothing booked in. It's one of many reasons I'm considering looking for other work, at least temporary until none compete runs out.

I am only very slightly under active thyroid, not enough to Warant treating yet. Cbt seems to be helping but I've been told I only have 2 sessions left.

I'm sorry your not doing so great your self daesue x

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    They won't hire another body as I'm not busy enough. I had nothing on Monday and only 2-4 dogs each day the rest of the week. It's really frustrating. I've been there 3 years and I still regularly have days(2 or 3 totally dead days) a month where I've nothing booked in. It's one of many reasons I'm considering looking for other work, at least temporary until none compete runs out.

I am only very slightly under active thyroid, not enough to Warant treating yet. Cbt seems to be helping but I've been told I only have 2 sessions left.

I'm sorry your not doing so great your self daesue x
    Oh thanks, Marshmellow.. it's okay. At least I know. I was diagnosed 10 years ago. It's been a long road. In my 40's I went through menopausal hell, then my 50's I dealt with Hashimoto's and 3 bad falls. Hahaha, I can't tell if I feel old or clumsy! I just know that as soon as I get these, how much do bowling balls weigh, (I just googled and found out.. between 6 lbs and 16 lbs.) As soon as I get these 2 bowling balls off my lol.. I'll feel even better. Hope you pick up soon, too!!

I'm sorry you aren't busy either. That would be frustrating to me.
    Debbie

We had a little bit of good news today,
    Hubby had an interview for a volunteer position for 8weeks in the finance department at our Town Hall with the slight chance of an actual job at the end of it.... He got the position. 16 hours a weeks for the next 8 weeks as of Monday I think.

I've also been looking into content writing... Basically you get given an out line from a company who want you to write a 500 word page with specific phrases in it for the landing searches for their websites... As a possible job to do for the period I can't groom and to support us whilst establishing a salon as it can be done from, we'll, anywhere I have access to the Internet. You get paid per 500 word page you do a d at most can take you 3 hours to do 1 page.

But we're gonna wait and see where this volunteer position leads.

That's good!! A little good news is better than a little bad news! I like the idea of the writing as well. How did you find that? I'm such a technosaur, I've never even heard of content writing.
    Debbie

A good friend of mine does it, she's says it pays pretty well and you do it at you convenience (with in the dead line period obviously)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4