Thread: Exasperated!

Waah Exasperated!

Hello fellow pet lovers and pros. A couple years ago I did a business plan with the grooming business box and loved it. I wrote a plan for operating a place in my house. I checked it all out and it was legal. I opened about 3 months ago with no complaints. Then I started getting some strange complaints, anonymous calls and I didn't have caller ID on my home phone. I was not using a cell? The same sort of message was left 3 times that I was causing a disturbance and should close my business or they would complain. Well I talk to my neighbors at least once or twice a week and nothing, they had no issues. I operate from 9 to 4 and most are at work. Some of the dogs I even pickup in my own car and deliver back. So that means even less traffic is created by my business. I was away for a week and someone I know took her pet to another groomer when her dog got out the kennel and smelled pretty bad. She said another home groomer about 2 blocks away had a sandwich board out on the street selling her services. When I got back from my week off she came back for regular grooming and said this other groomer was badmouthing me and telling people I was operating illegally. Lies!!! I was livid and waited for an hour to calm down and called her. I got her card from my customer. When I told her who I was she hung up. I called back and she screamed at me to stop harassing her. Has anyone gone through this? I wrote her a letter too and she never replied. From what I hear she is still complaining about me at least to her customers. I called the city and they said I was operating fine. I have shared that with my clientele. Any suggestions?

Keep a notebook of all the encounters you receive. Date, time, and message of calls. And anything that is verbally said to you.

I would not call her or converse with her in anyway.

I have a kooky next-door-neighbor. We have lived next door to each other for 20 years. At first I tried to be nice. Now I just keep a log of her kookiness incase she escalates beyond the name calling and screaming she does. I want to have documented proof that she has ongoing issues.

I have also learned that your clients will take any badmouthing with a grain of salt. They know the real you and will support you. You have followed all the legal rules, so your good there. You check in with your neighbors, so your good there.

I know itís hard not to react, but I think it is the best thing. Your not going to change someone like that. Just keep a log and continue on with your good self.

She is playing you like a fiddle.........she now has you calling her and sending her a letter. Just ignore her, and keep your nose to the grind stone, and keep a smile on your face. and by all means, do not contact her AGAIN.

If your customers are happy with your work, they won't leave you because another groomer is complaining about you. Also, most people, me included, get turned off when a business owner is complaining about another business.

Happy ignoring her

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

I can't believe you even called and engaged a conversation with this person. YOU know you are legal, your clients have been told (I wouldn't have even done that), you speak to your neighbors and seem to have any minor disturbance under control (hours and doing some pick up and delivery). Just chill and carry on as usual.......some ppl are just crazy (other groomer).
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Thank you for the comments, I will keep notes and not call her again.

I'll echo everyone else in saying do not call her again.

I would also talk with your neighbors and see if they would be comfortable giving a statement to police/officials in the event this woman starts harassing you, just to keep your ducks in a row.

Something tells me this is not the last you've heard from her...

Well.. you probably don't want my ideas since I'm thinking of throwing myself off a roof, or down some stairs, or my favorite moving to Nepal to fire a customer. I'm not sure what's been suggested.. but I'd start making a little newsletter about grooming and zoning, etc and handing it out to my clients.

People are weird, they are odd. My son is dealing with this with the neighbor across the street. He ripped out the carpet in a bedroom, put it behind the trash cans.. that you can't see unless you walk up to the trash cans. It's snowing... and she wrote them a fake letter from the city about being a nuisance to the neighborhood.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Oh daesue, I had no idea your son was my neighbor. ��

He must live on the other side of Miss-Crabby-Pants. I canít believe the stuff she comes up with to get so riled up about.

You gals are funny, sorry you are going through this PetBetty, most people will realize she is going looney tunes perhaps.

Thanks everyone I am breathing, in, out, ah calm. Well it seems she got turned in for all the poop in her yard by her neighbor, and it is the 2nd time. A customer of hers is now mine and told me the story, the smell and flies everywhere was a turnoff.

See all she did was hurt herself.........
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Yep it comes back what you put out. Things okay now petbetty?