Default Neem Leaf Extract or Petzlife Oral Care?

My 8 year old Chihuahua Mix has dental plaque. The vet is not eager to do a teeth cleaning because Mango is epileptic. Mango will let me apply liquid using a q-tip, so I tried using Petzlife. He doesn't mind the taste too much, but he clearly doesn't like it.
    I don't want to do this to him if it won't make a difference, as he doesn't enjoy it.
    Which is more effective? Petzlife oral care or Neem leaf extract (diluted 50/50 with water)?

I am not a fan of neem. My personal natural solution is to add probiotics to your dogs food, and also brushing his teeth with coconut oul, which has natural anti-microbial properties. Dogs love the taste too! You could also rub the coconut oul onto Mango’s gums with your finger if the gums are sensitive to brushing.

Will this help dissolve the plaque that has formed?

Quote Originally Posted by wild4westies View Post
    I am not a fan of neem. My personal natural solution is to add probiotics to your dogs food, and also brushing his teeth with coconut oul, which has natural anti-microbial properties. Dogs love the taste too! You could also rub the coconut oul onto Mango’s gums with your finger if the gums are sensitive to brushing.

I have a tiny 10# pug with epilepsy and plaque!

I've found petzlife gel in the AM and the petzlife spray in the evening as well as a dental foam has been a lifesaver for us! I did this religiously for a month and holy heck I saw results!

Best of luck to you!!

Cool!
    Which dental foam did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmonautRik View Post
    I have a tiny 10# pug with epilepsy and plaque!

I've found petzlife gel in the AM and the petzlife spray in the evening as well as a dental foam has been a lifesaver for us! I did this religiously for a month and holy heck I saw results!

Best of luck to you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emma123 View Post
    Cool!
    Which dental foam did you use?
    https://www.chewy.com/nylabone-advan...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Gordon's breath smells so much nicer after this stuff!