Not Worthy Mountains of undercoat

Looking for suggestions. I have a Great Pyrenees to do tomorrow. He is groomed about 3 times a year and is huge. I use an HV dryer and my undercoat rake and it takes about 3 hours to blow the coat out and rake at the same time. What if I put him in the tub first and use a bathing sys working in the shampoo well then HV. Would it loosen up better and blow out easier? Wouldn't he still need another shampoo still? I hear he is dirty dirty. I don't want to harm his skin either. Would love to hear how others handle the mountains of UC.

I usually do a once over with the HV with the condenser cone and pay special attention to the rump and ruff areas as these hold the most undercoat. Minimum 2 shampoos, shampoo til squeaky clean with Furminator deshed, zoom groom curry comb all over, Furminator conditioner, rinse clean, shammy all over, blow dry with HV and condenser cone.

Andis deshed tool and CC slicker brush HV in one hand drying the other has one of those tools going to town. Prepare for the hair storm!

Quote Originally Posted by CosmonautRik View Post
    I usually do a once over with the HV with the condenser cone and pay special attention to the rump and ruff areas as these hold the most undercoat. Minimum 2 shampoos, shampoo til squeaky clean with Furminator deshed, zoom groom curry comb all over, Furminator conditioner, rinse clean, shammy all over, blow dry with HV and condenser cone.

Andis deshed tool and CC slicker brush HV in one hand drying the other has one of those tools going to town. Prepare for the hair storm!
    This is a good way to go about it. And plan at least 2 shampoos depending upon greasiness.

Jodi Murphy has a great DVD regarding Deshedding..............Put the dog in the tube and as you are using your bathing system (with shampoo), you are raking with your slicker brush. Doing it while bathing prevents the hair from blowing all over your salon, and makes it an easy clean-up.

Happy deshedding

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

I love Best Shot on coats like these, really helps it blow out.

A dog like that I would definitely put in the tub first. Clean conditioned hair will have better slip and blow out easier than dirty hair. So I would use a recirc, and blow out after one bath, then re bathe condition and finish blowing out.

I would like in the tub first whenever possible and work in a blowout conditioners the Quad or Best Shot.