Tech Brush Brand Loyalty

Hi Groomers!

I haven't posted in awhile so brief overview - I'm not a groomer at this point but do a lot of wash/dries/desheds for service dogs as I live close to accessible housing and there are a LOT of working labs and poodles around, and I have a Havanese that averages about 5in of coat.

So, I have a question about brand loyalty! I know for shears it is very personal, but what about combs and brushes? I don't know why, but havanese people seem to be ride or die Chris Christensen people and vs other spendy/high quality brands I can't really see why, at least from a pet owner's perspective. For groomers, do you just stick with what you learned and were taught with or do you go to shows and get won over by sales people?

Also - I'm looking for a new slicker for my big boned (17 lb) girl. Anyone have suggestions? The tuffer than tangles looks promising but I fear it might be too large because you can only get the bigger one in Canada at this point.

I'm very loyal to my Universal slicker brush. I like the 'curve' and can tease out a lot of tangles with it. Go to pin brush, I use Safari. Have used these for many years, and too cheap to get on the bandwagon for the pricey ones. Seems like every time I get something that others rave about, I'm disappointed.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

I am a Tuffer than Tangles fan myself....it is my favorite brush (long pinned, short pinned, firm, soft) I always keep several extras on hand to sell to my clients that actually do brush their dog (in other words, when I order them....I order bunch at one time)
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Another vote for Tougher then Tangles.