Default Question for people who like to tweak/design equipment. Cat washing bin.

I'm trying to create a portable, lightweight re-usable or discardable cat-washing bin.
    Some cats are terrified of being put into a sink. They are fine on the counter. I've been soaping them up on the counter, then rinsing in the sink, but even that is tough since the poor cats believe they are fighting for their life.
    (I don't bathe in tubs, because it's too uncomfortable for me, plus cats who fear sinks also often fear tubs.)

So far, this is the situation . . .
    1. For housecalls in NYC apartments
    2. To be carried on public transportation, so foldable, or not bulky
    3. Cost doesn't matter. I'm willing to put money into it. Once I have a design, I can bring down the cost.
    4. To be placed on side of kitchen sink -- unless someone has a better idea.
    5. Water has to be absorbed, or drain into sink.

I'm going to the hardware store and container store to look at plastic bins. The problem so far is that they're too bulky and also too fragile. I'm thinking of attaching a bin to the counter with suction cups.

Ideas? I know there are some brilliant engineering minds here who design entire mobile units!

Would a cat litter box work

Would a cat litter box work or a foil disposable turkey roasting pan

you could ask the client to provide something like that too

How 'bout a dish drainer-I dry all my pans in one instead of using a dish towel. They come in various types, some are like a basket. The tray on the bottom holds the water, but if you made the back of the thing higher, it would run right into the sink. Bonus is the cat would have something to grip on to. Hope this makes sense and gives you more ideas.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Why not something that fits into the sink but when they stand on it their heads are above sink level, they can see out?

thank you for the suggestions.
    A couple of other elements .. . when I rinse the cats on the side of the sink, the side of the "cat bin" need to be high enough that water doesn't accidentally splash on the floor. A dish drainer with higher sides would work, if I could rig up one of those.
    With a foil pan, the cats can step on the sides and it will collapse. A foil pan, but with stiffness to the sides might work. I don't know how to stiffen the sides. The lightness of a foil pan is a good factor.
    A cat litter box is bulky, but I'd try it. The issue is that I'd need to lift the cat in the air to drain the water. So I might need to cut a hole in the side of the box so it drains while I'm rinsing.
    The rinsing is what makes this tricky. It's easy to soap up a cat on the side of the sink, but for rinsing, I haven't figured out a way to do that on the side of the sink.