Wall Eyed Cat Emergency - My van broke dow - In need of grooming van to rent for 1 - 2 weeks

My van broke down and was towed to the repair shop today. Shop that has serviced my van in the pay and who is familiar with my van. Isnít open til Monday. I have clients booked all week long . Most days being fully booked. Is there anyone in the Los angles area(Iím in San Fernando valley) who is willing to rent out there grooming van for a couple days? Iíll take 1 day, 2 days, whatever i can get. I can move customers around to make it work. Just donít want to lose these clients as i am fairly new to owning my own business and and some of these clients are fairly new customers of mine. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kim. I donít have a solution to your problem. Just wanted to give you a word of encouragement. Iíve been grooming a looooong time. And I have learned that clients can be incredibly understanding and forgiving. Just tell them the truth and move on from there. You might have to work on your days off for a week or so to catch back up, but it will work out in the end.

Try calling Uncle Dave (member here) in Socal, https://teknopetmobile.com/ They do repairs and upgrades, but maybe they know of a loaner and/or rental.

We also had another member here recently say she allowed a local mobile groomer (and friend) to use her shop facilities. I think she transported some of the pets and used the shop facilities and returned the pets. Any other groomer friends like this you may know? And finally I remember some time ago a mobile groomer did in-house grooming of the some of the pets at the owners' homes, and took some to her home and then returned them. And finally there was another that knew a vet with grooming dept that was basically abandoned not being able to find a groomer, and she used it for a week. Hope it works out.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Wow! Great ideas above! The PetGroomers Forum to the rescue!

Excellent ideas, this place is a good resource as always.

Yeah, Dave may have a rental but Im not sure.

My question is why 2 weeks. I have had my vans go down many times over the past 10 years and the most we lost is a full day and a half, even lost a tranny and was back late the next day. What could possibly take a full week or 2. You need to find another mechanic if he can't get you up and running in a day or 2.

Hope things are smoothing out. I agree 2 weeks out is insane for repairs unless it was like a major accident.

I lent out my grooming van in the evening and weekends to another groomer (for free). Contact another mobile groomer and see if you can rent it for evenings and weekends until yours is repaired.
    I agree with Dogma.......let your client's know what's happening and double up on your appointments when van is repaired. Most clients don't mind if Fluffy is groomed 4 weeks vs 6 weeks due to van repairs.

Happy letting it work out.........because it will

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Quote Originally Posted by On the Go View Post
    Hope things are smoothing out. I agree 2 weeks out is insane for repairs unless it was like a major accident.
    Actually, two of my RV repair places both have me wait weeks for an appointment...........in March, I had to wait 6 weeks for an appointment since they were busy getting everyone's RV ready for summer. Luckily, the exhaust fan could wait until I got my appointment.

Happy going crazy waiting for an appointment

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Dolly we dont know if this is a vehicle mechanical issue or salon conversion issue. An RV place can't help you with a driveline engine issue which I assume is the problem.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How did this work out Kim?

I am curious too, hope it worked out.