Default Weight distribution

When building your own van or trailer what the basics for weight distribution of the equipment including tanks, tub and tables? I appreciate the help.

Not much in answers huh? I would look at pictures and videos of trailers and vans like at Wagn Tails and lots of others. You will get the idea quick.

I have had 3 conversions, one I built myself, a wagntails trailer and a wagntails sprinter dooley diesel. All 3 had issues with balancing the weight, but that is the nature of the beast. The wagn tails trailer (2003) was nothing short of a nightmare (axle problems , gen. problems due to low profile) Water tank positioning, generators and your heavy equipment must be thought through or you can easily have axle problems and premature tire wear. Any way you slice it you are going to have premature tire wear, but minimizing it will help you save on tires. Trailer tires with alot of weight may get you 15-20k if you are lucky. On my dooley, I have premature wear on passenger R R. Even wagntails, the leader in the industry has a challenge with weight distribution. I like tanks right under tub with tub in back of van and gererator in fire box in side of van. I know wagntails has changed where they are putting the gen sets in some of their conversions, looks to be easier for maintenance, but not sure on weight distribution.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

The majority of my weight is distributed over my back wheels. We made the mistake in the last van of putting all my batteries on the left, and it definitely caused tire wear. Having regular rotations is not an option, it must be done.

This van, batteries went in the middle of the two water tanks, under the tub.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you so much!