Huh Cat Bought a Dyson Blow Dryer for house call cat grooming

Faster. Quieter. Lighter. Powerful. Easy to clean. Hair doesn't get caught in filter. Cool-looking.
    So expensive I felt physical pain when I bought it. ouch!!!!
    I was using a high-end salon blow dryer for house calls, which was okay but not terrific.
    I don't use a HV dryer, because that would blow fur all over NYC apartments.
    My justification is that house call cat grooming doesn't require much equipment, so what I use should be the best.
    Drying long-haired cats is the most time-consuming part of grooming.
    Cats don't like noise, generally.
    I'm still in shock that I spent so much money on it, but it's deductible, at least.
    Anything to make the kitties happy! If it makes grooming a better experience for them, then it is worth it.
    Anyone else have a Dyson dryer?

No, how expensive is it?

With tax, the price was $430.
    I'm trying it out today on a long-haired cat.

Quote Originally Posted by absolutebichon View Post
    No, how expensive is it?

You say it's faster, quieter, lighter, powerful, easy to clean, and hair doesn't get caught in it. You call it cool looking, I'm going with sexy as all get-out.
    Obviously you deserve it what with your article coming out and earning the fear free certification! A healthier way to reward yourself than the bottle of scotch and cheesecake that would tempt me!
    Tax deductible is the icing on the cake!
    How are the cats reacting to it?

t's lighter and quieter and powerful and easy to clean and that sexy looking, it 's a worthwhile investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma123 View Post
    With tax, the price was $430.
    I'm trying it out today on a long-haired cat.

It's funny, I have no issue spending 600 dollars on a stand dryer, but spending that much on a little human dryer about chokes me. Funny what your mind tells you is acceptable lol!

So true.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    It's funny, I have no issue spending 600 dollars on a stand dryer, but spending that much on a little human dryer about chokes me. Funny what your mind tells you is acceptable lol!

I asked my hairdresser about the cost of her handheld and she said $400. Her last one had a good life of about 7 years without servicing. My grandpa used to say don't buy cheap tools of the trade. Once you can afford it, buy quality tools for professionals.

Emma so how did the dryer work out?