Smile Small dog only mobiler

I didn't think it was impossible to have a mobile operation doing only small dogs but she is zonked booked not taking clients for 4 years. She found most of the households had 2 or more small dogs, so less driving too. Her strict limit is 25 pounds. It is easier on her. She only takes about 2 new customers a year to replace pets that pass until they get more dogs if they do. I would really love to have a clientele like that as I get older, and to know it works mobile, great!!

Pretty much me. I have a few left overs from when I first started, but haven't taken anyone new in years.

It's a great idea and you got me thinking down line. It can be done. It is nice to hear it.

I am having no problems with a 50 pound limit.

I would appreciate a 50 pound limit, but if new in business I am not going let a limit stop me from taking customers. All about that old cash flow.

I don't know, for me the bigger dogs are so much calmer than the little ones. I've only had one super nervous big dog that gave me trouble and he was only 70 lbs. But I have a bunch of nervous little clients that make it really difficult to groom them. I make more money on the bigger dogs because it generally takes me less time to do them.

Most of my weight limit relates to my lifting ability, but I hear ya Sandy.

I figure I have room now for about 10 regulars and going for 30 pounds or less now. Time to ease up a bit on the bod.

You have a point Sandy about big dogs, well most of them. Behavior wise I find a lot of them easier to work on.

My limit is/was 100 lbs because they are too big to turn them around in the tub........I don't lift dogs...they jump up onto the lowered table, then I pull out a tray that touches the tub and the dog walks into the tub. After the bath and dried, they walk back on the tray and onto the table..........so no lifting is required. I too have stopped taking new clients for 1.5 years now. I'm trying to only groom 3-4 days a week.

Happy getting old

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

You will also find that small breed owners tend to know others with a similar fancy. That will book you up in a few months.