Thread: Sacking coats

Default Sacking coats

I know they make coats specifically for sacking handstrips/spaniels or anything you want a tight laying jacket. I've seen them years ago at Intergroom a vender had them. I have been using towels with clips but would really love a couple nice jackets to use as a lot of times I the clips comes off with the towel and it was a wasted effort.

Anyone know a good place I could find some sacking coats?
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

I donít have an answer to the product question. However, instead of clips, I have used diaper pins. Do they still make those? If so, they hold the towel really well and wonít poke the dog.

I used to use diaper pins, the clips do come loose or pop.

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    I donít have an answer to the product question. However, instead of clips, I have used diaper pins. Do they still make those? If so, they hold the towel really well and wonít poke the dog.
    I would still like to find a coat, but in the meantime I will get some diaper pins. I use to use cloth diapers for my son so I know they still make them. I'll check Amazon. Thanks a bunch!
    Henry David Thoreau

Yes to the diaper pins! This is what I use. You can also make your own sacking coats with old towels and a little Velcro, if you are handy with a needle and thread or sewing machine.

I know someone that carries them. Just an individual but I could send you their contact info. They are pretty fancy, silk on the inside. Not great for drying but definitely for making the jacket lay tight and flat.

I read another thread how IrishSetterTom does that awesome setter coats without sacking. Would love to see that done on video.

D&D dog coats or Working Dog Cool Coats make Lycra suits, snoods & legwarmers.
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    I know someone that carries them. Just an individual but I could send you their contact info. They are pretty fancy, silk on the inside. Not great for drying but definitely for making the jacket lay tight and flat.
    Thanks Cockerlvr! Would you mind messaging me the info? Your awesome! Thanks again!
    Henry David Thoreau