Mad Mad FB admits 2.2 BILLION users have probably had some of their data "scraped" malicious

Just another reason why I don't have a Facebook account.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Furry View Post
    Just another reason why I don't have a Facebook account.
    Same with me
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Default How to check if your FB data was stolen

https://gizmodo.com/how-to-check-if-...bri-1825100272

And now it looks like there were more incidents.

Facebook is just plain annoying imo. Unless it's targeted like this site is, I really don't like most social media.

The alarming part is that this is certain to have been occurring for years, but only because it was political in nature, all of a sudden people care.

Forgive me if I am being too critical, but it is our privacy. When "he" goes before members of Congress to testify about just this one incident, more than 80% of the committee accepted donations from FB. I will stop admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt99 View Post
    The alarming part is that this is certain to have been occurring for years, but only because it was political in nature, all of a sudden people care.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^^^ All those games people play asking things like "What would your superpower be?" Or "What's your animal totem?" or some **** like that is all just ways they gather information on you. And people willingly divulge. I can't even do a lot of things with my phone that others can do with theirs because everytime I try to open an app or download something it wants access to my photo gallery, contact list, microphone, videos, etc. No, Nope Nada. I'll live with out mobile banking or photo editor or what have you, thanks.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

My sister works in cyber security , and by the time you are hearing about some sort of hack, it usually has happened quite some time ago. By this time, they already have a patch or solution in place when they make their big breach “announcement “ to pacify the publics perception of the event.

FB is a secure site. So that shows you how meaningless "secure sites" are. More BS.

Another Facebook scandal. They have been giving away our private data like religion, calendar, political affiliations on and on to at least 60 manufacturers for something like 10 years.
    What good are my privacy settings? https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...edented-access

Quote Originally Posted by Brit View Post
    Another Facebook scandal. They have been giving away our private data like religion, calendar, political affiliations on and on to at least 60 manufacturers for something like 10 years.
    What good are my privacy settings? https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...edented-access
    And they get away with it.