Thread: Shampoos...

Default Shampoos...

So I just switched jobs to a shop that's under new ownership and we are not happy with the shampoo. Tropiclean is what was being used, but feel the dogs are not rinsing well, nor are they clean. I've been using dawn with the shampoo on almost everyday. If the dog isn't squeaky clean I'm not happy.
    Anyway I'm wondering what would be a good shampoo that will get the dog clean and won't break the bank. I want my pups freaking clean or I don't feel you can get a good groom on them..

Nature's Specialty is always a good one to have and use. Or Show Seasons. You get good dilution rates, if you dilute. I use a bathing machine though. I've never tried Tropiclean shampoos, just the face wash, which I really like. But on faces I always use baby shampoo first, then the blueberry Tropiclean.

Good luck. It's always a bit of trial and error to find the line that works with your water.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

I love most of Tropicleans products & so do the customers. We use everything from their basic shampoo to the Spa line to the Scent of the Month. What is your water like? If you have hard water you may need to use a higher concentration of shampoo. I would just be careful using Dawn every groom as it will strip the oils and dry the coat out IMO.

Daesue made some good recommendations. There is also Quadroped shampoos. I've used those in the past and really liked them. Hope you find something you like!
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

I love Quadruped, but I do use others as well including Show Seasons, Coat Handler and Espree even. I still use Grimeinator at times for degreasing, no dish soap here.

But now that Quadruped came out with the unscented All in One it is a leading choice for me. I don't think I would stick with just one line, you experiment and select what works best based on skin and coat types. It's kinda fun too!

I agree with Naturally Furry. I've used Tropiclean practically since it first came out. I love it. Maybe you're diluting it too much. It's always rinsed well for me.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Is your water hard, or very hard?

You could get a little box of some soft water conditioner and do a test. On a smaller fluffy dog make up some gallons of rinse conditioned. Use the Tropiclean and use the conditioned rinse water. Is that better?

We had a friend in a shop in an area of granite mountains and the water was so hard. Softening the water made every shampoo work better and rinse well leaving no heavy minerals on coats.

Grimeinator. It's inexpensive and degreases everything, smells ok and it's a staple in most groom shops.

We used Quadruped and Showseasons and Bark2Basics the most. Agree with Tom Grimeinator is great. The Ultimate shampoo is a good 50 to 1 at a great price by DK too.

Grimenator

Ultimate 50 to 1 Double K is one.