Walleyed Pink I'm pregnant and in pain! Help!

I am currently 11 weeks pregnant! Yay! Getting through the constant nausea and fatigue has been a struggle but I'm getting there  My issue is with my lower back/hip area. I find grooming hard on my back normally, but lately I've been getting intense sharp pains in my butt (thinking it's sciatica?). I work by myself in the basement of my house and I've drastically cut back on the number of dogs I groom a day. My Dr also told me to stop grooming dogs that are more than 40lbs. Even with all of this it seems like the pain is getting worse. I was off on vacation for the past two weeks and only had 2 small/medium dogs booked today, both fairly well behaved. This evening however I am in so much pain I can hardly walk. Does anyone have any tips/advise? I feel like this is only going to get worse and I'm worried my Dr will want me off work. Thanks in advance!

First, congradulations! Second, 11 weeks seems awefully soon for such problems. Wit that in mind though everyones pregnancy is different and each pregnancy that person has is different.

When I was pregnant I didn't start experiencing such things till around 6 months. I then brought a DR. Note to my employer explaining my restrictions. I continued to work till I had to call in because I was going into labor.

One groomer I know worked with NO restrictions rigjt till she went into labor and was back at work 6 weeks later.

So all this being said, you mentioned yoy worked in a basement. Are the floors concreate and if so do you have stress mats or something similar? If not just standing down there all day can be a wear on your body, pregnant or not. Being pregnant may be compounding the problem. My best advice would be you know you best and what your body is telling you. You should take what you know talk to your DR about it and decide what you think you can & can not manage for the well being of you and the baby.

Kepp us pisted on how're you're soing and enjoy being a Mama. =)
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

First... congratulations!!!! Second... get off your feet. I'm sorry, but with that much back pain, you are still in a fragile time. Sorry. I'm really hesitant to give you any advice...if you can hardly walk, I'd probably go to the ER. There is no need to live with that kind of pain.

I'm sorry.. better a healthy you and baby then a "Drat, should have stayed off my feet."
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

With my first pregnancy I had horrible pelvic floor pain. Pain bad enough it made me cry as I progressed into it. I would have to stand up and just stand there for a few seconds before I actually braced myself to take a step. Right before I delivered we had a house fire and I was running back and forth between the house and garage getting my dogs into the car. The next day I was on crutches. I had an appointment with my Dr and begged him to induce me, because I had been told that once I delivered the pain would go away. I was crying, begging him (I was already 10 days overdue). He did induce me, and sadly the pain didn't go away immediately, but it was about a year before my pelvis stopped popping. Anyway it could be this.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a546492...-pregnancy-spd
    Last edited by cockerlvr; 03-13-18 at 08:03 PM.

Did not consider something like a weak pelvic floor. Oddly enough my boyfriend has been going through severe back and adominal pain and was diagnosed with a weak pelvic and prescriped physival therepy. Joked with him about not doing enough kegals. LoL
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau