Thread: Propane tanks

Wink Propane tanks

I hear some groomers won't buy or use propane tanks out of fear of them. Is there a safe way to place them, is it just where it is placed for safety from a vehicle accident. I would think proper maintenance would stop any leaks.

Propane tanks need to be on the exterior of the van or mounted on the tongue of a trailer. They cannot be inside the van. I don't know why anyone should fear having propane tanks. It's a liquid and will not explode like you see in a movie unless exposed to extreme heat from fire, not just a auto accident. Wagn Tails installs propane on every vehicle and have been doing so for many years. RVs have them whether a coach or toy hauler, it's a standard item for heating water and heating the living space inside a RV

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    Propane tanks need to be on the exterior of the van or mounted on the tongue of a trailer. They cannot be inside the van. I don't know why anyone should fear having propane tanks. It's a liquid and will not explode like you see in a movie unless exposed to extreme heat from fire, not just a auto accident. Wagn Tails installs propane on every vehicle and have been doing so for many years. RVs have them whether a coach or toy hauler, it's a standard item for heating water and heating the living space inside a RV
    I don't see propane tanks on the outside of Wagn Tails, so where are they?

Mine is mounted just in front of the rear tires, under the truck, on the passenger side, hidden by the running board.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyinAnaheim View Post
    Mine is mounted just in front of the rear tires, under the truck, on the passenger side, hidden by the running board.
    Ahhh OK.
    Thanks. Always wondered about that.

I remember there was a rv conversion company that made a point of saying it didn't install propane tanks for safety, they are not making vans anymore.

I think you mean ultimate groomobiles.

Yep UG owners is where I first heard about not having them because of dangers. Interesting to learn some new truths. Their water was heated the engine or ?