Huh Cat Services groomers won't do for any price?

Claw trim for a senior cat. Outside my service area, so additional fee added.
    Scared kitty was hissy, lots of hiss, no action. Claw trim badly needed.
    I guess we're not supposed to give exact prices, so I'll just say that my fee was what some local salons charge for a full grooming session, then the lovely, grateful owner added a 25 tip. I set my fee at that level so I'm motivated to take the risk. Sometimes I bomb out and can't trim the claws. Other times I do it but get scratched.
    She'd been struggling a long time with how to get her cat's claws trimmed, since kitty gets upset when handled. I was there for 15 minutes.
    It dawned on me that the reason I was hired is that I am the only one who said yes, ha ha
    It just kind of surprises me that some healthy, sturdy young groomer or aspiring vet wouldn't be focusing on this kind of service.

The service I won’t do at any price is clean maggots off a dog. I can’t stand maggots!
    When I worked for a vet that was part of my job. As a groomer on my own I said NO WAY!

Luckily, I haven’t seen this problem years. In my early years of owning a shop we had more ‘country’ clients and would get the occasional dog with maggots. Yuk

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    The service I won’t do at any price is clean maggots off a dog. I can’t stand maggots!
    When I worked for a vet that was part of my job. As a groomer on my own I said NO WAY!

Luckily, I haven’t seen this problem years. In my early years of owning a shop we had more ‘country’ clients and would get the occasional dog with maggots. Yuk
    Maggots are the one thing I CAN'T do....makes me puke!! I also was supposed to do when in vet clinics but none of them wanted to deal with my vomit, lol. Horrible horrible smell of maggots and rotting flesh!!!!!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

I will not groom a dog with tape worm segments falling on my table.........

I am getting one of those petairapy sanitizers because we don't always know about things like ringworm and things carried until there is more development. In just no time you can sanitize all surfaces. The mobile business van I ran a couple weeks ago had one.

Oh yuck! Tapeworms and maggots! You're right -- that is the limit.